My Jeep Compass Forum banner

How-To replace interior lights by LED

18K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  StyledComputing 
#1 ·
Made a video about how to replace the dull stock interior lights by LED

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
Thanks for the tutorial Germaneon! After watching your video I ordered the same bulbs you have, but in white. Installation took about 10 minutes for all 6 bulbs, and that is only because I had a hard time getting one of the back seat light covers off. What a difference in light output! Great and simple 1st upgrade to my week old Compass.

Reactions: Germaneon
#4 ·
#8 ·
Finally got around to replacing mine. They look so much better. Thanks for the video and listing the bulbs.

Since I had four left, I went ahead and replaced the bulb in the glovebox as well. Also a large improvement. It is a little tricky switching that one out due to the tight space, but is completely possible.

#12 ·
It's rather tight behind the flags, I removed the trim as shown in the image below (no need to remove it completely, just wide enough to get the LED behind.
Bought two additional small sockets for the LED and fixed the sockets with two sided adhesive tape. The narrow space between trim and vehicle's body when the trim is fastened again, also helps to keep it in place.
The power comes from the two other lamps in the trunk below.

Attachments

#17 ·
Made a video about how to replace the dull stock interior lights by LED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heqY3-yjF7s

Thanks for the video tutorial, very informative! However, while I was trying to pry out the plastic cover for the rear seat lights, the entire housing popped into the headliner. Any ideas of how to get this seated correctly? Or will the dealer need to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 ·
Thank you for making this video. I tried to install the Philips LED lights, map lights are good but above the rear doors, I see some glow in LED even when the light is turned off. Can I continue to use them or shall I switch back to the stock halogens? Please advise. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.