List of Add Ons / Accessories - Jeep Compass Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Carlos M Babilonia
  • 1 Post By arudlang
  • 1 Post By arudlang
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 Old 05-07-2018, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 12
 
Post List of Add Ons / Accessories

EDIT 2 - Added Rock Sliders and Steppers

EDIT 3 - Added Lift Kits for those of you looking for them.

I've been looking for a few accessories for my new trailhawk compass. I've come accross a few. I know theres always add ons and accessorries that aren't hard to either mount or install. So this is a short sweet list with stuff that you can order and put on your jeep.

First im going to start with my first purchase.

1- Front License plate bullbar.
https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Mount...Y?ref=ast_p_ei

2- Skid Plates from ATP (American Trail Products)
Under Armor Protection

3- Rear License Plate Mount ATP
License Plate Light Mount

4- Skid Plates from Valkyrie Off Road
https://valkyrieoffroad.com/product-.../jeep-compass/

5- Rear License Plate Mount with CV Antenna holes. Universal Mount
https://valkyrieoffroad.com/shop/license-plate-bracket/

6- ABS interior Jeep Compass. Go on Ebay and just search this. And you will start to find a few that fit Jeep Compass 2017+
https://www.ebay.com/itm/142763215858
https://www.ebay.com/itm/132574941582
https://www.ebay.com/itm/132576397758

7- Spare Tire hitch Swing Mount by WilCo OffRoad. This is gonna be my next purchase.
This is perfect for using all the space in the trunk, also lowering the middle spacer.

8- Side Steps. These Ive found through a video on Youtube. It's a company in the UK that sells them. They are bolt on, look small enough to just fit one per step. Look cool, if you plan on getting a lift kit but dont want to hash out on a full rock slider step system. This is a nice substitute.
www.direct4x4.co.uk/renegade-2015-onwards These do fit the compass 2gen!
Video of the install youtube.com/watch?v=63Uk8XRMkgg

9- Rock Rails from MOPAR. Expensive but specifically made for our 2nd Gen Compass
https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/sto...e=MP&make=Jeep

9- Rocky Road Outfitters Rock Sliders Steppers - This look very nice, and are decently priced.
http://www.rocky-road.com/compass-rock-sliders.html

10- ATP Lift Kits - 2inch and 4inch (American Trail Products)
http://americantrailproducts.com/Lift-Kits_c_92.html

11- Tera Flex 1.5 Lift kit (requires some cutting)
https://teraflex.com/shop_items/renegade-1-5-lift-kit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31950316_10156332271157888_6979374533773885440_n.jpg (44.2 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 32079550_10156332271612888_4645212653399048192_n.jpg (62.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 31960993_10155578471041676_1277616877794754560_n.jpg (127.4 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by Carlos M Babilonia; 05-10-2018 at 04:12 PM.
Carlos M Babilonia is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 05-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Senior Member
 
10-64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box
Posts: 220
 
Garage
That front license plate bullbar is only $15.00! I doubt it's of any quality. Probably break the first time someone touches it!
I'd go for better quality if it were mine
10-64 is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 05-07-2018, 08:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 50
 
Garage
Could you please post some pics of the skid plates? I am very interested in these. Thanks.

Edit: Never mind, i thought this was a front skid plate. I wish i could replace the lower front and rear facia on my trailhawk. They look sexy, but are plastic.

Last edited by airwolf39; 05-07-2018 at 08:11 PM.
airwolf39 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 Old 05-08-2018, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 12
 
It's some type of cheap aluminium. I didn't buy it for strenght or to protect my bumper, just to put some lights in the bar xD
10-64 likes this.
Carlos M Babilonia is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 05-08-2018, 02:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Northeast Tennessee Tricities
Posts: 265
 
Carlos M Babilonia, Nice list of accessories here is something else I have found worth adding to it.

Compass Rock Sliders: Protect Your Jeep with Compass Rock Sliders, Sueprsliders, and Kicker Rock sliders
Chris Jacobs is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 05-08-2018, 02:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Northeast Tennessee Tricities
Posts: 265
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
That front license plate bullbar is only $15.00! I doubt it's of any quality. Probably break the first time someone touches it!
I'd go for better quality if it were mine

I actually have one on the bumper of my 03 Chevy Tracker. When it came in I was very disappointed by how light it was. But it has been on there for like 2 years holding a 22" 2 row led light bar with no issues. It has been through some brush and bouncing around off-road without a problem. For it's intent to mount lights to and keep brush off the lights it does great.

I would put one on my Trailhawk except I don't want to drill any holes to mount it. Unless someone builds light mounts or brush bars with light mounts before too long that does not require drilling visible holes I'll be building my own solution.

Last edited by Chris Jacobs; 05-08-2018 at 02:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Chris Jacobs is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 05-09-2018, 03:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 665
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos M Babilonia
Im not including lift kits (DayStar or ATP) since those require some knowledge and take quite some time to do.


I guess so 16 year-olds can more easily find the definitive list of junk mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos M Babilonia




Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos M Babilonia
2- Skid Plates from ATP (American Trail Products)
Under Armor Protection




Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos M Babilonia
3- Rear License Plate Mount ATP
License Plate Light Mount




Ok I'm done

I know I'm being overly sarcastic, I just couldn't help myself. Listen, I have one of those exact "bull bars" I ordered as a gag gift for a buddy's geo metro. They are 1000% garbage. Don't be that guy slapping cheap garbage onto such a nice car. The skid plates are not cheap, but they won't get you any points, the bottoms of these things are plenty tough for that random pothole you hit while racing across the parking lot to get to Taco Bell. And the rear license plate lights... don't get me started. You don't need any of this poser s%!t for it to be a cool vehicle. Just having one, and keeping it clean and shiny inside and out while its still a brand new model is cool as it gets. The car has nothing to prove, and if you want to make it uniquely yours well there is nothing unique about slapping on these boring cheap generic ricer parts and more lights, as if nobody has ever added extra lights to a buggy before

Now this is all just my opinion, you do whatever you like, but when I was a young turd I loaded up my first SUV with all kinds of stupid stuff like this that it didn't need and I guess it was sort of fun, but if I could go back in time I'd tell myself to keep the money and the time spent installing and spend it on taking more ladies to nicer restaurants
10-64 likes this.
arudlang is online now  
post #8 of 12 Old 05-10-2018, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 12
 
I don't know whats your problem but this thread is a list. Nothing is mandatory. I made the thread since 2nd gen has scarce accessories or after market parts. So I just made this to compile them on one thread. I didn't put as a start Lift Kits, because theres already threads about those. Anyways, Its your opinion and you are entitled to it. . Also like I said, I didn't buy the cheap bull bar to be an actual bull bar and save my car from an accident or something. rofl. Bought to put led lights . But hey we all love the crap we can put on our cars right ?



Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post


I guess so 16 year-olds can more easily find the definitive list of junk mods?

















Ok I'm done

I know I'm being overly sarcastic, I just couldn't help myself. Listen, I have one of those exact "bull bars" I ordered as a gag gift for a buddy's geo metro. They are 1000% garbage. Don't be that guy slapping cheap garbage onto such a nice car. The skid plates are not cheap, but they won't get you any points, the bottoms of these things are plenty tough for that random pothole you hit while racing across the parking lot to get to Taco Bell. And the rear license plate lights... don't get me started. You don't need any of this poser s%!t for it to be a cool vehicle. Just having one, and keeping it clean and shiny inside and out while its still a brand new model is cool as it gets. The car has nothing to prove, and if you want to make it uniquely yours well there is nothing unique about slapping on these boring cheap generic ricer parts and more lights, as if nobody has ever added extra lights to a buggy before

Now this is all just my opinion, you do whatever you like, but when I was a young turd I loaded up my first SUV with all kinds of stupid stuff like this that it didn't need and I guess it was sort of fun, but if I could go back in time I'd tell myself to keep the money and the time spent installing and spend it on taking more ladies to nicer restaurants
Carlos M Babilonia is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 05-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 665
 
Yeah I'm sorry I don't mean to be a prick. Well, I kinda do cuz if I get it out of my system here on the forum you would not believe how much nicer I am to all the people I run into in-person

I'm just not a fan of adding lights anymore. Its all done for looks. The market is flooded with horribly cheap crappy LED things that morons leave turned on driving on the highway and while it used to be fun years ago now I just find it annoying. Sucks getting old!
10-64 likes this.
arudlang is online now  
post #10 of 12 Old 05-10-2018, 06:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Northeast Tennessee Tricities
Posts: 265
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
I'm just not a fan of adding lights anymore. Its all done for looks. The market is flooded with horribly cheap crappy LED things that morons leave turned on driving on the highway and while it used to be fun years ago now I just find it annoying. Sucks getting old!

I mostly wheel at night so for us off-road lights are about form and function. I bought cheap light bars to put on my Tracker and they are every bit as good as the higher priced ones plus less likely to be stolen. The fact is a lot of these things come from the same companies in China no matter the name that is on them. One of my bars lost half of the leds within a few months I sent in a warranty claim and they sent me 2 new bars to make up for the trouble and got them about a week after the claim. Two years later both are still doing great without further issue and they are used often. Then I have a curved 46" above the windshield from a different company still cheap and other than the color of the leds it has been fine. Lesson learned pay attention to type and light spectrum of the leds used. I could have spent the same $$$ and got a much whiter light instead ended up with a softer greenish leds while my 22" bars are bright white light.

I have only turned them on while on the highway a couple of times and trust me those that bared the wrath of those lights fully deserved it!

Again my cheap license plate light mount has done fine over two years as well. I was worried about how light it felt but for mounting lights and keeping light brush from scratching up the light lenses it is great. No I would not try to push another vehicle with it or push down trees with it. But unless you have something frame mounted on the newer vehicles there is nothing you can bolt to the bumper that you can do these things with either. If you think about it might be a good thing if it is light and crushable as that might save you more serouse damage if it does hit something or some idiot parking in front of you bumps it. Like I said above I would use one on the Compass but I'm looking for a solution where I don't need to drill visible holes in the bumper or body.

Contrary to what many believe you can build something that works for you without buying all the big brand crap that often is of no better quality than their cheaper counter parts and sometimes the cheaper can actually be of better quality.
Chris Jacobs is offline  
post #11 of 12 Old 05-10-2018, 11:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 147
 
You can add the magnaflow renegade catback exhaust to the list. I have a post about it, have one on my trailhawk with only having to add a small section of pipe.

http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/...ad.php?t=39562

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (GCM)

Last edited by dawm; 05-10-2018 at 11:08 PM.
dawm is offline  
post #12 of 12 Old 05-16-2018, 06:13 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 7
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos M Babilonia View Post
EDIT 2 - Added Rock Sliders and Steppers

EDIT 3 - Added Lift Kits for those of you looking for them.

I've been looking for a few accessories for my new trailhawk compass. I've come accross a few. I know theres always add ons and accessorries that aren't hard to either mount or install. So this is a short sweet list with stuff that you can order and put on your jeep.

First im going to start with my first purchase.

1- Front License plate bullbar.
https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Mount...Y?ref=ast_p_ei

2- Skid Plates from ATP (American Trail Products)
Under Armor Protection

3- Rear License Plate Mount ATP
License Plate Light Mount

4- Skid Plates from Valkyrie Off Road
https://valkyrieoffroad.com/product-.../jeep-compass/

5- Rear License Plate Mount with CV Antenna holes. Universal Mount
https://valkyrieoffroad.com/shop/license-plate-bracket/

6- ABS interior Jeep Compass. Go on Ebay and just search this. And you will start to find a few that fit Jeep Compass 2017+
https://www.ebay.com/itm/142763215858
https://www.ebay.com/itm/132574941582
https://www.ebay.com/itm/132576397758

7- Spare Tire hitch Swing Mount by WilCo OffRoad. This is gonna be my next purchase.
This is perfect for using all the space in the trunk, also lowering the middle spacer.

8- Side Steps. These Ive found through a video on Youtube. It's a company in the UK that sells them. They are bolt on, look small enough to just fit one per step. Look cool, if you plan on getting a lift kit but dont want to hash out on a full rock slider step system. This is a nice substitute.
www.direct4x4.co.uk/renegade-2015-onwards These do fit the compass 2gen!
Video of the install youtube.com/watch?v=63Uk8XRMkgg

9- Rock Rails from MOPAR. Expensive but specifically made for our 2nd Gen Compass
https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/sto...e=MP&make=Jeep

9- Rocky Road Outfitters Rock Sliders Steppers - This look very nice, and are decently priced.
http://www.rocky-road.com/compass-rock-sliders.html

10- ATP Lift Kits - 2inch and 4inch (American Trail Products)
http://americantrailproducts.com/Lift-Kits_c_92.html

11- Tera Flex 1.5 Lift kit (requires some cutting)
https://teraflex.com/shop_items/renegade-1-5-lift-kit
Thanks for the links...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
bootwobk is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome