Spare Tire optional? - Jeep Compass Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By zsc1991
  • 1 Post By Chris Jacobs
  • 1 Post By Chris Jacobs

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 9 Old 05-17-2018, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Spare Tire optional?

Is the spare tire donut optional now? I lifted my cargo cover and there's only foam pieces holding a tire pump. I don't see any spare tire or jack. This is a 2018 Compass FWD Latitude with Popular Equipment package and Safety Package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-17-2018, 01:49 AM

That is correct. It is standard on the Trailhawk though.
10-64 likes this.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-17-2018, 01:55 AM

Yep even the little may pop is optional on all Compass except the Trailhawk and towing package which get a full size spare.
10-64 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-17-2018, 02:15 AM

In Australia, we get full size steel spare on everything but the Limited (that gets a 17" for what has 18" wheels) - better than a tyre inflation kit, especially for me the other day, who had a tyre with a slow leak that it wouldn't have fixed

Pre Ordered 2018 Compass Limited 2.0 Diesel with Advanced Safety Pack - due mid 2018 !
post #5 of 9 Old 05-17-2018, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jacobs View Post
Yep even the little may pop is optional on all Compass except the Trailhawk and towing package which get a full size spare.
whats a may pop?
post #6 of 9 Old 05-17-2018, 12:38 PM

Can anyone with a full size spare tell me how much of a gap there is in the storage area around the tire? I have 225/60/17 which is 27.6 inches with no spare and looking to lift and then fit either a 28.5 or 29 inch tire in that area.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-17-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejeepguy
In Australia, we get full size steel spare on everything but the Limited (that gets a 17" for what has 18" wheels)
Full size spare does not mean full size rim, it just means the total diameter is correct of the tire overall to match the regulars and the tire width, load rating, and service duty are sufficient for more than the 50-75 miles at reduced speed you'd get out of a sedan's compact donut spare. Or in other words, its stout enough to finish off a trip while towing a trailer or get you out of the woods if you are way off road, but it all really just comes down to the tire itself. The rim diameter really is not important at all. It could be a 15 inch rim with a big ole tire on it and as long as the dimensions and load rating are correct then its a legit "full-size spare".
post #8 of 9 Old 05-17-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredmeadow View Post
whats a may pop?
Compact spare tire designed to go no more than like 50 miles at 45 MPH. I have had a more than a couple come apart while operating under the conditions specified. Then once we put 2 on the rear of a hot rod to see how long they could last under more extreme conditions. The answer was one good burnout. LOL

So "may pop" means it may pop at any moment drive with extreme care.
arudlang likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-18-2018, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

phew, thought maybe they forgot to put one in there. i just have the inflation kit with the screwdriver in the foam.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in