• 1 Post By dawm
  • 1 Post By arudlang
  • 2 Post By dannydeez
  • 1 Post By Musclez
  • 1 Post By arudlang

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 19 Old 05-31-2018, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Headlamp Assembly Upgrade

Has anyone upgraded their halogen headlamp assembly to the high intensity headlamp assembly with LED accent? I am planning on doing this and was wondering if it would be plug and play
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-31-2018, 10:38 PM

Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box

Garage
I'm not sure I understand your question .................My Trailhawk has the bi-xenon headlights. Is this what you want to put in, instead of your Halogen?

The bi-xenon were standard on the Trailhawk, so that should be a fairly easy, but not inexpensive, swap
post #3 of 19 Old 06-01-2018, 02:51 AM

I wonder if it would be an easy swap, LED headlights do look nice. But as the previous post mentions at what cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 06-01-2018, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
I'm not sure I understand your question .................My Trailhawk has the bi-xenon headlights. Is this what you want to put in, instead of your Halogen?

The bi-xenon were standard on the Trailhawk, so that should be a fairly easy, but not inexpensive, swap
Unfortunately, the bixenon is not standard in the trailhawk. Mine did not come with them
10-64 likes this.
post #5 of 19 Old 06-01-2018, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poughkeepsie View Post
Unfortunately, the bixenon is not standard in the trailhawk. Mine did not come with them
My trailhawk didn't come with bixenons either. That is why i am planning on buying the OEM bixenon headlights and swapping them out, i am just curious to see if they would be plug and play or would i have to modify wiring harness. I found the OEM bixenon lights for $400.00 each one the mopar website.
post #6 of 19 Old 06-01-2018, 05:46 PM

The LED projector lights do not have the extra marker light plug that the halogen lights have. That being said.. they should still work but you'd have to tape up the marker light plug to save from corrosion/shorting. I have some pictures at home that compare the plugs between the two (scoured from eBay and Google)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
10-64 likes this.

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (GCM)
post #7 of 19 Old 06-07-2018, 01:18 AM

I really wish the bi-xeon headlights came stock...I got everything else on my limited but that
post #8 of 19 Old 06-07-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
I really wish the bi-xeon headlights came stock...I got everything else on my limited but that
Thats kinda how I felt but I noticed the running lights don't match the bi-xeons, different color temperature bulbs which looks goofy. I am going to wait a while because at the rate these things are selling like hotcakes it won't be long before the aftermarket companies start investing and I think we will see some cool options for aftermarket headlights after a year or two, and hopefully running lights to match.
10-64 likes this.
post #9 of 19 Old 06-09-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
Thats kinda how I felt but I noticed the running lights don't match the bi-xeons, different color temperature bulbs which looks goofy. I am going to wait a while because at the rate these things are selling like hotcakes it won't be long before the aftermarket companies start investing and I think we will see some cool options for aftermarket headlights after a year or two, and hopefully running lights to match.
Heres one option: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-Headli...L/113030121054
arudlang and Sean O'Dell like this.
post #10 of 19 Old 06-09-2018, 09:34 PM

Thatís a nice upgrade little expensive wonder how it would work on the canbus network. Aka non mopar parts network check.

10-64 likes this.
post #11 of 19 Old 06-11-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydeez View Post
Oooh I like that but going to have to wait for the price to come down a bit!
10-64 likes this.
post #12 of 19 Old 06-16-2018, 01:34 PM

Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydeez View Post
WOW! Those are even "Plug and Paly" LMAO
post #13 of 19 Old 06-16-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:

As an owner of a Trailhawk with the halogen lenses, they are not standard. This is why I've don through the swearing spree of working around their ridiculously placed radiator support bracket to get LED bulbs in place.
post #14 of 19 Old 06-16-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
WOW! Those are even "Plug and Paly" LMAO
DAYUM, and only about $900 more than it cost me to put in the LED's. LOL
post #15 of 19 Old 06-16-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclez View Post
I wonder if it would be an easy swap, LED headlights do look nice. But as the previous post mentions at what cost.

You have to do some homework. There is an extensive thread elsewhere here at what does and does not fit. I have managed to get LED bulbs in the high beam side of mine. Only very specific bulbs will fit, and that bracket behind the assembly makes fitting them a profanity inducing pain. I still have to tweak on the driver's side to get it right as the bulb is slightly off it's vertical plane. The cutoff is there, but there is a hot spot high and left, and thankfully outside the line of sight to oncoming traffic - not that high beams should be used in traffic anyway.
post #16 of 19 Old 06-16-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
Easy solution for those is to put in LED bulbs. They aren't on the Cannbus sensor either, so just plug and play.
post #17 of 19 Old 06-16-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
You have to do some homework. There is an extensive thread elsewhere here at what does and does not fit. I have managed to get LED bulbs in the high beam side of mine. Only very specific bulbs will fit, and that bracket behind the assembly makes fitting them a profanity inducing pain. I still have to tweak on the driver's side to get it right as the bulb is slightly off it's vertical plane. The cutoff is there, but there is a hot spot high and left, and thankfully outside the line of sight to oncoming traffic - not that high beams should be used in traffic anyway.

Did you install these retro fit units?

post #18 of 19 Old 06-16-2018, 06:12 PM

These look interesting but donít seem to the correct as the turn signal is integrated there.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222853596451

post #19 of 19 Old 06-16-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclez View Post
Did you install these retro fit units?

No, I replaced the halogen bulbs with direct fit LED bulbs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in