2Likes
  • 1 Post By mdram4x4
  • 1 Post By arudlang

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 Old 06-02-2018, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Subscribing Member

Garage
Lifetime Warranty

Has anyone else purchased the Lifetime Warranty ?.

Ronald Wenger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-03-2018, 05:23 PM

Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box

Garage
Lifetime???

I have the 5 year extended maintenance, but "Lifetime" ...................Never heard of one
post #3 of 14 Old 06-03-2018, 10:24 PM

I didn't purchase it, but for having had to wait to take delivery due to the airbag recall, FCA said they would upgrade my standard warranty to a 10-year, and then it turned out to be a lifetime, full coverage warranty. So as long as as they don't try to do a lemon law buyback, I probably won't be selling my Compass for a long, long time.

That said, they say it's better to save the $ you'd spend on an extended warranty and set it aside or invest for when you'll need to do repairs. This is Jeep, though... knowing what I know now I'm very glad I have full coverage. I'm sure I'll be using it down the road.

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 06-04-2018, 12:43 PM

Garage
never heard of lifetime warranty.
got a link?
some other info?
10-64 likes this.

2018 Compass Latitude
post #5 of 14 Old 06-04-2018, 01:35 PM

Garage
The dealer I purchased from provides a "free" lifetime powertrain warranty as long as oil changes/standard maintenance is done by them. I can still do brakes/tires/etc on my own. I'll be interested to see how that works out if I actually need to use it, but they've been around for a while so hopefully they will honor it without hassle if the need arises.

2018 Compass Latitude 4x4 6sp - Pref group, Cold Weather, Tow pkg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 Old 06-04-2018, 02:03 PM

Yeah that would probably be something non-corporate that just your dealership is offering, so whatever the terms are will likely differ from anyone else who bought one at one of those dealers who do the lifetime powertrain warranty thing. Its not completely worthless but its mostly a gimmick (the free ones, anyways), there is enough language in the contract for them to weasel out of anything they don't want to pay for. I had a complimentary "lifetime" powertrain warranty on a Nissan once but the limitations were numerous, nothing that actually goes out commonly like the starter or the alternator were covered, just bogus things that tend to last the life of the car like the "cylinder block", "torque converter", "intake manifold", etc. Pretty much useless outside of picking a catastrophically cursed lemon.
10-64 likes this.
post #7 of 14 Old 06-04-2018, 04:38 PM

No there is a Corporate Lifetime exclusionary warranty. I got email about this for like 3 months after I bought it from FCA themselves. I have been half way tempted to call in and see what the pricing is as from them it's supposedly a lot cheaper than getting it at the dealer. Honestly if its good enough and cheap enough I might pick it up just to see if I can push this car into being my winter beater after I have it payed off. It staying under warranty would help that.
post #8 of 14 Old 06-04-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topweasel View Post
No there is a Corporate Lifetime exclusionary warranty. I got email about this for like 3 months after I bought it from FCA themselves. I have been half way tempted to call in and see what the pricing is as from them it's supposedly a lot cheaper than getting it at the dealer. Honestly if its good enough and cheap enough I might pick it up just to see if I can push this car into being my winter beater after I have it payed off. It staying under warranty would help that.

I think that is the same as we are looking at. It is around $2,700 with a $200 deductible per visit for the life of the vehicle. You can choose other deductibles but cost goes up $200 looks like a sweet spot. I was looking at what is covered and was impressed it looks to pretty much cover everything covered in the new car warranty.

Only thing I have seen as far as keeping the coverage is a FCA sevice department check-up every 5 years I think it is. Heck of a deal if your going to keep your Jeep long term.
post #9 of 14 Old 06-04-2018, 05:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jacobs View Post
I think that is the same as we are looking at. It is around $2,700 with a $200 deductible per visit for the life of the vehicle. You can choose other deductibles but cost goes up $200 looks like a sweet spot. I was looking at what is covered and was impressed it looks to pretty much cover everything covered in the new car warranty.

Only thing I have seen as far as keeping the coverage is a FCA sevice department check-up every 5 years I think it is. Heck of a deal if your going to keep your Jeep long term.
sounds interesting, wonder why the dealer didnt mention it to me.

i tend to keep mine a while (315k on the liberty)

2018 Compass Latitude
post #10 of 14 Old 06-04-2018, 10:29 PM

Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdram4x4 View Post
i tend to keep mine a while (315k on the liberty)
Wow! I need to drive more! I traded my 2011 "200" in with only 87,000 kms on it! It didn't stay on the lot long. They sold it pretty fast!
post #11 of 14 Old 06-06-2018, 01:43 AM

Lifetime engine warranty

I purchased my 2014 Jeep Compass from Auto Lenders. It comes with an engine lifetime warranty. Just need to show receipts for oil changes in case of an engine failure. No problem since I use only synthetic oil and ALWAYS change my oil @ 3000 miles.
post #12 of 14 Old 07-27-2018, 02:37 PM

I picked up an 18 Compass Trailhawk and got the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty. The third-party the dealership went through is Zurich.
post #13 of 14 Old 07-27-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigosrs View Post
I picked up an 18 Compass Trailhawk and got the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty. The third-party the dealership went through is Zurich.
So you got a 3rd party warranty, or the Mopar liftime?
post #14 of 14 Old 07-29-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Klein View Post
So you got a 3rd party warranty, or the Mopar liftime?
3rd party for me through Zurich. It was the only one offered at the dealer I bought from.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in