Removing stock 8.4 Uconnect head unit - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Germaneon

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2018, 05:40 AM Thread Starter

Removing stock 8.4 Uconnect head unit

Hey all. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or pictures regarding removal of the stock HU. Getting ready to install my 3Sixty.3, amps, speakers, etc., and I'd like to be prepared going in. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2018, 06:00 AM

Garage
Here you are:
https://youtu.be/j3ENfyggBoc
Swivel likes this.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swivel View Post
Hey all. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or pictures regarding removal of the stock HU. Getting ready to install my 3Sixty.3, amps, speakers, etc., and I'd like to be prepared going in. Thanks in advance!
Are you planning on getting rid of the 8.4?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2018, 04:23 PM

Garage
Make sure that if your Infotainment Center controls any settings you have a way to handle that - newer Jeeps have their hardware configuration controlled by the Head Unit also.

My 2018 Cherokee has an 8.4 Ucon system and everything from door lock settings to Air Con can be setup and controlled by the UCON system - our 2017 Compass did not appear to have much controlled by it so we replaced it =) Just depends.

Proud owners of a new to us certified pre-owned
2017 Jeep Compass 75th Anniversary Sport
Old 06-17-2018, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasleth View Post
Make sure that if your Infotainment Center controls any settings you have a way to handle that - newer Jeeps have their hardware configuration controlled by the Head Unit also.

My 2018 Cherokee has an 8.4 Ucon system and everything from door lock settings to Air Con can be setup and controlled by the UCON system - our 2017 Compass did not appear to have much controlled by it so we replaced it =) Just depends.
I'm not planning to replace the head unit. I have the 8.4 Uconnect system and it controls everything. I'm adding a 3Sixty.3 DSP so that I can correct the stock EQ, adjust time-alignment to account for the driver's non-equidistant position in relation to the speaker locations, set my crossover points, slopes, etc., and then send a clean signal to my amps before they get to my speakers. I'll need to tap into the speaker-level outputs at the read of the stock HU to get the signal to my 3Sixty.3.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in