GoPedal from Madness?? - Jeep Compass Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By n4cr2k
  • 1 Post By theredmeadow
  • 2 Post By MADNESS Autoworks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 Old 06-15-2018, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

GoPedal from Madness??

Anyone ever tried this GoPedal or AutoFlash from Madness autoworks ??

I can't post a link because I'm new but its at the Madness Autoworks website under Jeep Compass and look for performance parts

GoPedal and Autoflash are there.

Curious to know it helps the sluggish acceleration. Haven't seen any posts about it??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-16-2018, 03:00 AM

When I was looking for tunes for my Abarth, Madness came up, did a lot of research and found they weren't well respected with that community. So you may want to do some research on the company themselves.
post #3 of 16 Old 06-16-2018, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

That's interesting. I have heard they are a reputable company from multiple sources. They have been very knowledgeable when I have called them about questions about the Renegade. However, regardless of the company, I'm always leery of any "performance" upgrade but have read too much about the sluggishness of the Compass and I'm trying to pre-game before it gets in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 06-16-2018, 05:09 AM

Interesting. I was actually looking into a performance tune this morning and didn't find too much. I was wondering the same thing, possibly something that'll maybe tweak the acceleration curve?
post #5 of 16 Old 06-18-2018, 09:20 PM

I've dug around this a little, I think there is one other company too that should have a compatible pedal booster box for our buggies but I don't know if it will work as good on ours as it seems to for other vehicles with more power and fewer gears. I'm afraid that installing one of these will have the transmission shifting and skipping gears all. the. time. Because thats what happens now if you are heavy footed and treat the pedal like it has only two positions. Eliminating the lag would be amazing though. I don't know if their flash unit for the transmission would help, it might. My biggest fear is that they are simply re-packing something that worked good for another application (again, something with more power and fewer gears) because that just wouldn't do for our application. I'd really like to try one just haven't had the spare cabbage to give it a whirl.
post #6 of 16 Old 06-19-2018, 06:04 PM

post #7 of 16 Old 06-20-2018, 01:10 AM

^ If they won't tell us how it (allegedly) works, I won't put it on my buggy. I understand how the GoPedal works, they keep the algorithms of the specifics to themselves as a trade secret which makes me wonder if its doing a lot of work or a little, but either way I understand what its doing and how hence I'd be willing to try a GoPedal at some point. Some black box that only makes vague references to its workings... heck no.
post #8 of 16 Old 06-20-2018, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

There's a video of the gopedal on youtube. I'm still too new and can't link the video but based on this guys review he feels it's a huge improvement.

Just look up gopedal on youtube and you'll find some links.
post #9 of 16 Old 06-20-2018, 09:31 PM

Ahhh I'm familiar with something similar to a GoPedal. You don't have to worry about this device. All this device does is increase the signal to your throttle from your pedal tweaking your acceleration curve. I have one similar by a different brand on my 2016 Mustang. They're easy to install and remove but they don't increase horse power. It makes it seem that way because they eliminate the initial acceleration delay. So getting to wide open throttle with the pedal halfway depressed instead of flooring it with the stock acceleration curve.
post #10 of 16 Old 06-22-2018, 03:27 PM

Save yourself the $300 and just press the accelerator pedal further. It is the same effect like @theredmeadow mentioned.
10-64 likes this.
post #11 of 16 Old 06-23-2018, 01:41 AM

Just pick up a pedalcommander. It's the same thing but better. It was the best mod for my compass. Anyone who says that it's the same as pushing the throttle down further doesn't understand how it works.
It provides more voltage upfront to open the throttle body quicker as well as reduce the throttle response lag which is on Electronic accelerators nowadays. The pedalcommander has intelligent controls to prevent it from going 100% right away.
See for yourself https://www.pedalcommander.com/what-...v=7516fd43adaa
post #12 of 16 Old 06-25-2018, 02:29 PM

@Robxstone I'm glad you like your pedal commander but that is an absolute garbage article you linked us to. It doesn't even make mention of the most legitimate competition, the GoPedal, and the graph at the top of the page makes no sense whatsoever, the X axis isn't even labeled and the top/bottom is cut off. Just some self-promoting garbage one of their employees whipped up and tried to pass of as an unbiased review.
post #13 of 16 Old 06-25-2018, 04:55 PM

I wouldn't mind the gopedal except it's hard to justify the $300 price tag for something that just amplifies the pedal signal. Maybe when i have cash burning a hole in my pocket. I'd much prefer a chip tune for a similar price.
n4cr2k likes this.
post #14 of 16 Old 07-06-2018, 01:51 PM

There have been extensive reviews with the 2014+ Colorado’s on Coloradofans.com and 355nation.net with great results and transparency of how it works. My work computer won’t allow me to link the thread, but you can google “coloradofans pedal commander”

When we purchased our Compass, I got the impression from the salesman that the dealer (Mopar) can do tuning and still be under warranty? At 1,200 miles, we have both noticed under normal acceleration in town, the engine rev’s but doesn’t seem to pull, not sure if this is because of the economy management to regulate better mpgs or torque management to protect the powertrain, maybe poor programing or it still needs time to loosen up … When I drive, it didn’t take me long to figure out that feathering the throttle is what really makes this thing scoot without getting into the higher rpm range…unfortunately the wife can’t get the hang of this style ...

stock 2018 Compass Sport 2wd Jazz Blue Appearance and Tech. Package
post #15 of 16 Old 11-08-2018, 09:57 PM

Hello everyone!

We were alerted of this post and wanted to chime in and say hello and provide a bit of information regarding the MADNESS GOPedal.

We will be formally joining this forum as a Vendor. We hope to be set up by next week.

Once we get completely set up we will check back normally and start showcasing the products we offer!

A little about our company...

MADNESS Autoworks has two walk in locations (store, shipping department and a full installation facility) in California and Texas.

We own a Renegade ourselves which shares many of the same components.

We have been in business since 2008 and have modified a number of Jeeps in both of our locations.

Our work has been featured on Speed TV, Velocity Channel, MAV TV and a number of other channels and TV Shows. We have built SEMA Featured Vehicles and have also built a number of show winning custom cars. We operate a full custom fabrication shop, develop parts and accessories and also distribute a number of custom accessories from our Partners.

We look forward to becoming an active member here!

With that out of the way.. we wanted to chime on on some of the questions regarding the MADNESS GOPedal.

The MADNESS GOPedal is designed to reduce initial lag felt in todays drive by wire vehicles by allowing you to advance your throttle’s timing to give you a more direct response for a much improved feel.

The GOPedal essentially puts the control in your hand with different modes and settings.

The MADNESS GOPedal hardware is manufactured in Europe exclusively for MADNESS Autoworks and the software is developed in collaboration with us and our tuning partners.

Recently there have been similar products coming out of Asia that have been rebranded by others and sold under an array of names that are attempting to replicate what our pedal does.

The GOPedal is one of the only upgrades available for your Compass that comes with a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.

It also carries a 2 year warranty against malfunction. In the unlikely event of fault, simply reach out to us and if a fault is found with the GOPedal a replacement will be sent to you.

If there is anything you ever need or have a question about please give us a call directly or email us through our contact link on our site.
arudlang and phmmuller like this.
post #16 of 16 Old 11-09-2018, 05:31 PM

Going to have any coupon codes to celebrate you guys coming on here as a vendor? <wink wink!>

I know I'm going to buy one eventually, I'm just one of those guys with a list of wish-list items and it usually takes a good sale or coupon coinciding with a few extra bucks in my pocket to push me over the edge!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in