Headlights - Jeep Compass Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Chris Jacobs
  • 1 Post By 10-64

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 06-20-2018, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Headlights

My wife and I will be purchasing a 2018 Jeep Compass Sport within the next couple weeks and I am trying to get some after market stuff thrown on to it like some rims and tires, headlights and taillights. However, she wants some projector headlights like I have on my Ram 1500 that i got aftermarket. I noticed the new Limited models come with the Xenon projector headlights so I am wondering if anyone has found aftermarket headlights for the Sport model or if anyone has experimented with putting the Xenon headlights from the Limited models into the Sport model. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-20-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaortega6 View Post
My wife and I will be purchasing a 2018 Jeep Compass Sport within the next couple weeks and I am trying to get some after market stuff thrown on to it like some rims and tires, headlights and taillights. However, she wants some projector headlights like I have on my Ram 1500 that i got aftermarket. I noticed the new Limited models come with the Xenon projector headlights so I am wondering if anyone has found aftermarket headlights for the Sport model or if anyone has experimented with putting the Xenon headlights from the Limited models into the Sport model. Any help is greatly appreciated!

The Xenon headlights are an addon for many compass trim levels but require the safety and security group to add them. As far as I know no one here have swapped their headlight housings yet. There were some post a little while back showing some of the aftermarket headlights available but cost was pretty high. Know that the headlights are on the Can Bus system and can be tricky deal with. Also access to the bulbs is horrible and some have had a hard time getting led bulbs to fit them and make the Can Bus happy there are a few post on what works and what has ben found to be an issue. There is a pretty good list being made up and added too constantly now.

If you really want the projection headlights now I would order a compass with them on it or try to find one locally if your not ordering. This body style is so new to might take the aftermarket some time to catch up and for prices of certain accessories to come down in price.

I also suggest if you want a tow hitch get your Jeep with that already on it as well. To install a factory hitch is expensive and can be difficult particularly the wiring. Plus the factory tow package and Trailhawk are the only ones come with a full size spare! The spare tire is optional on other trims without tow package you instead get an inflator kit in place of the spare.

Have fun and enjoy!
10-64 likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-21-2018, 03:10 AM

Why not get a Latitude, and then you can add the factory HID's as an option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-21-2018, 10:12 AM

Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaortega6 View Post
Just sounds to me like you're buying the wrong Model, if you already want to add all the stuff that comes on the others. Just bite the bullet and get one with these options already on it when you pick it up. You'll probably get more stuff in the packages too!
arudlang likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-21-2018, 05:27 PM

Yeah there is very little aftermarket support on these things yet since they are a brand new redesign, the industry hasn't had much time to respond. They are also not very mod friendly, not in a bolt-on sense anyways as others have alluded to the headlights being on the CAN bus and all that, radio tightly integrated with the rest of the car, etc. You are far better off just buying it upgraded from the start.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in