uconnect engineer menu - Jeep Compass Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By dawm
  • 1 Post By JeepCares
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 18 Old 06-21-2018, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
 
uconnect engineer menu

I've seen some post about people going into the engineer menu on the uconnect 8.4. Does anyone have instructions on how to get into it? I can only get the dealer menu.
nickn066 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 Old 06-21-2018, 05:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 147
 
I cannot access the dealer. Jeep says not an option for my build even tho I have the 8.4 unit, so I can't turn on nav if I wanted to even tho vehicle is equipped with gps.

Engineer menu is same as dealer except it's the other temperature buttons.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (GCM)
dawm is offline  
post #3 of 18 Old 06-21-2018, 04:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 726
 
Holding the driver's side temp buttons (up and down) for 15 seconds does it for me, but its been totally useless as nothing I change in there seems to save (I've only tried changing the brightness for the rear camera). Once you get in there you soon discover how horrible the programming of the Uconnect really is. There are a lot of times when I think the main user interface is clunky or poorly done but when you see engineering mode you breath a sigh of relief that someone held them to a little higher standards for the customer-facing portion...
arudlang is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 18 Old 06-21-2018, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 11
 
I wonder what's different about mine, I'm not able to get to the engineer menu using either of those methods.

2017.5 uconnect 8.4 w/ nav
nickn066 is offline  
post #5 of 18 Old 06-21-2018, 07:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 726
 
w/Nav is a different radio model # than mine, UAQ vs UAM or something like that. Mine is also a 2017.5

You'd think they'd all pretty much work the same, but google around for other FCA cars with Uconnect and try their methods sometimes it involves the defrost button or other weird things like that.
arudlang is online now  
post #6 of 18 Old 10-22-2018, 02:04 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1
 
I have 2017 Jeep Compass and trying to get into the engineer menu to reset the radio/navigation to factory. I am having an issue with the navigation system where it thinks I'm somewhere else - usually in a different state. I've read thru numerous forums and watched several videos on YouTube regarding the engineering menu, but still have not been able to access.

I called uConnect and they recommended: holding the green phone button and voice activation button on the steering wheel for 30 seconds with the car on. After the 30 seconds, turn off the car and open the drivers side door for 30 seconds. After the 30 seconds, close the door and turn the car back on. I've done this several times, but nothing happens. This is supposed to be a soft reset. I asked about a hard reset and the engineer's menu, the lady said "I don't have instructions for that. You'll have to take your car to the dealership".

I was able to get into the Dealer's Menu by pressing the up and down temperature buttons (driver's side) and the front defrost button for about 10 seconds. Unfortunately this is informational only. This will give you system info, but won't let you change anything. I tried the other up/down temp buttons (passenger side), but that didn't do anything. As per another forum, if you press the top right (passenger) side of the touchscreen for about 10-15 seconds, that will reset the unit. I tried that and it did reset the unit, but did not fix my issue. This is a good and quick way to reset your unit if you have any corky issues (as many people have written about) such as bluetooth connectivity issues - even while you are driving.

Long story long, I am at the dealership now. Even though I am running the most current version of uConnect (verified by uConnect and the dealership) there is a performance update for the radio/navigation system. According to the technician, this should fix my issue. The download of the update on to their computer/thumb drive takes about 2.5-3.0 hours and 20 minutes to load into the car. So if you decide to go this route, have someone pick you up.
nsantos is offline  
post #7 of 18 Old 10-23-2018, 01:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 97
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsantos View Post
I have 2017 Jeep Compass and trying to get into the engineer menu to reset the radio/navigation to factory. I am having an issue with the navigation system where it thinks I'm somewhere else - usually in a different state. I've read thru numerous forums and watched several videos on YouTube regarding the engineering menu, but still have not been able to access.



I called uConnect and they recommended: holding the green phone button and voice activation button on the steering wheel for 30 seconds with the car on. After the 30 seconds, turn off the car and open the drivers side door for 30 seconds. After the 30 seconds, close the door and turn the car back on. I've done this several times, but nothing happens. This is supposed to be a soft reset. I asked about a hard reset and the engineer's menu, the lady said "I don't have instructions for that. You'll have to take your car to the dealership".



I was able to get into the Dealer's Menu by pressing the up and down temperature buttons (driver's side) and the front defrost button for about 10 seconds. Unfortunately this is informational only. This will give you system info, but won't let you change anything. I tried the other up/down temp buttons (passenger side), but that didn't do anything. As per another forum, if you press the top right (passenger) side of the touchscreen for about 10-15 seconds, that will reset the unit. I tried that and it did reset the unit, but did not fix my issue. This is a good and quick way to reset your unit if you have any corky issues (as many people have written about) such as bluetooth connectivity issues - even while you are driving.



Long story long, I am at the dealership now. Even though I am running the most current version of uConnect (verified by uConnect and the dealership) there is a performance update for the radio/navigation system. According to the technician, this should fix my issue. The download of the update on to their computer/thumb drive takes about 2.5-3.0 hours and 20 minutes to load into the car. So if you decide to go this route, have someone pick you up.


Can you update uconnect by getting the file on a pen drive and somehow install it yourself? I’ve seen that Renegade owners do it this way.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HernĂ¡n Grimberg is offline  
post #8 of 18 Old 10-23-2018, 03:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 147
 
They stopped that method awhile before the compass came out, it's OTA if you have the nav unit or dealer tool through odb2 port.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HernĂ¡n Grimberg View Post
Can you update uconnect by getting the file on a pen drive and somehow install it yourself? I’ve seen that Renegade owners do it this way.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
HernĂ¡n Grimberg likes this.

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (GCM)
dawm is offline  
post #9 of 18 Old 10-23-2018, 03:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 97
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawm View Post
They stopped that method awhile before the compass came out, it's OTA if you have the nav unit or dealer tool through odb2 port.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk


What’s the nav unit?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HernĂ¡n Grimberg is offline  
post #10 of 18 Old 10-23-2018, 08:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 380
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsantos View Post
I have 2017 Jeep Compass and trying to get into the engineer menu to reset the radio/navigation to factory. I am having an issue with the navigation system where it thinks I'm somewhere else - usually in a different state. I've read thru numerous forums and watched several videos on YouTube regarding the engineering menu, but still have not been able to access.

I called uConnect and they recommended: holding the green phone button and voice activation button on the steering wheel for 30 seconds with the car on. After the 30 seconds, turn off the car and open the drivers side door for 30 seconds. After the 30 seconds, close the door and turn the car back on. I've done this several times, but nothing happens. This is supposed to be a soft reset. I asked about a hard reset and the engineer's menu, the lady said "I don't have instructions for that. You'll have to take your car to the dealership".

I was able to get into the Dealer's Menu by pressing the up and down temperature buttons (driver's side) and the front defrost button for about 10 seconds. Unfortunately this is informational only. This will give you system info, but won't let you change anything. I tried the other up/down temp buttons (passenger side), but that didn't do anything. As per another forum, if you press the top right (passenger) side of the touchscreen for about 10-15 seconds, that will reset the unit. I tried that and it did reset the unit, but did not fix my issue. This is a good and quick way to reset your unit if you have any corky issues (as many people have written about) such as bluetooth connectivity issues - even while you are driving.

Long story long, I am at the dealership now. Even though I am running the most current version of uConnect (verified by uConnect and the dealership) there is a performance update for the radio/navigation system. According to the technician, this should fix my issue. The download of the update on to their computer/thumb drive takes about 2.5-3.0 hours and 20 minutes to load into the car. So if you decide to go this route, have someone pick you up.
Hello nsantos,

Keep us updated on your dealer visit. We're available via direct message if an additional layer of assistance is needed.

Jasmine
Jeep Social Care Specialist
JeepCares is online now  
post #11 of 18 Old 11-13-2018, 07:34 PM
Junior Member
 
Wojtas_BB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Bielsko-Biala, Poland
Posts: 5
 
Garage
I try get to engineer menu in my 7" uconnect pushing up+down+front defrost and nothing happen. Anyone knows, it's worked in all uconnect's or in 7" might be different?

Jeep Compass MY2018, 1.4 MA 170 KM 4x4 AT9 Limited
Wojtas_BB is offline  
post #12 of 18 Old 11-14-2018, 07:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 380
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojtas_BB View Post
I try get to engineer menu in my 7" uconnect pushing up+down+front defrost and nothing happen. Anyone knows, it's worked in all uconnect's or in 7" might be different?
Hello Wojtas_BB

Please try holding emp up/down for 10 seconds without holding the defrost button.
Please let me know if this works


Lamar
Jeep Social Care Specialist
JeepCares is online now  
post #13 of 18 Old 11-15-2018, 06:43 PM
Junior Member
 
Wojtas_BB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Bielsko-Biala, Poland
Posts: 5
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
Hello Wojtas_BB

Please try holding emp up/down for 10 seconds without holding the defrost button.
Please let me know if this works


Lamar
Jeep Social Care Specialist
Yeah, it's works, thx!

Jeep Compass MY2018, 1.4 MA 170 KM 4x4 AT9 Limited
Wojtas_BB is offline  
post #14 of 18 Old 11-15-2018, 07:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 380
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojtas_BB View Post
Yeah, it's works, thx!
Wojtas_BB,

Your welcome, please feel free to reach out to us if you need our assistance again in the future.

Lamar
Jeep Social Care Specialist
Wojtas_BB likes this.
JeepCares is online now  
post #15 of 18 Old 08-06-2019, 12:41 PM
Junior Member
 
Ditchdoc0331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 4
 
my engineering options are locked like i cannot select any of the options at all even to try to completely reset my unit any ideas
Ditchdoc0331 is offline  
post #16 of 18 Old 08-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Compass2ndgenguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 127
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdoc0331 View Post
my engineering options are locked like i cannot select any of the options at all even to try to completely reset my unit any ideas
It depends on what unit you have. some do the temp up/down like mine or now some do the bottom right and left icons on the screen to get to the options.

K

"Wannabe Blacked Out - Oscar" - 2017 Jeep Compass 2nd gen body "Latitude 4x4"
"The Black Castle - Cassie" - 2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 (Wife's Castle) Slight mods with lighting and head and tail lights
Compass2ndgenguy is offline  
post #17 of 18 Old 08-10-2019, 05:27 PM
Junior Member
 
Ditchdoc0331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 4
 
So i can open and see the menu options for engineering menu however the options are locked somehow like i can't select any of the options to do anything at all in that menu
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1565458038877.jpg (36.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg image_1565458054294.jpg (33.0 KB, 16 views)
Ditchdoc0331 is offline  
post #18 of 18 Old 08-11-2019, 12:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Compass2ndgenguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 127
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchdoc0331 View Post
So i can open and see the menu options for engineering menu however the options are locked somehow like i can't select any of the options to do anything at all in that menu
There are some items you can change inside no screens. Nothing useful at least. We do not have the same menu as older systems. Older systems you could reset the radio. Ours is mostly informational and high and settings for the radio.

"Wannabe Blacked Out - Oscar" - 2017 Jeep Compass 2nd gen body "Latitude 4x4"
"The Black Castle - Cassie" - 2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 (Wife's Castle) Slight mods with lighting and head and tail lights
Compass2ndgenguy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome