My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Speaker Upgrade

20K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  H20DOG 
#1 ·
For the 2018 models, does anyone know who manufactures the stock speakers for Jeep? Just wondering before I upgrade to a Alpine or JBL (Harman/Kardon) coaxial and find out I'm replacing it with the same thing. Thanks to anyone who knows....

#7 ·
The stock speakers for the 2018 Compass are manufactured in Mexico and are cheap/garbage. On the Mopar parts websites they were priced for around 23 dollars each for the OEM door speakers. What caught my eye was that they were a few pennies more than the Beats system speaker part number. Makes you think what really are the Beats speakers? I installed as replacements to the front & rear doors the Polk DB+ 5.25 which experiences no breaking up or crackling sound even at max volume. Could not be happier with my choice of speakers. Plus they are waterproof and at a great price from Crutchfield.com.

#8 ·
Did you replace them yourself or had a shop do it?

If you did them youself, how hard was it to do? Lastly part number on what you bought?

Thanks!

#9 ·
haven't been here in a while, just saw question. for those installing yourself, understand some clips will break. for those that pop out completely just reinstall but space out compensating for those that broke. Jeep overkilled on the clips, you don't need all of them. besides, when i went to order from the dealer it showed the clips were discontinued and the amazon purchase using that part number was totally different an didn't fit.

#12 ·
I've been really happy with my stock speakers in our 2nd gen. One of the best stock systems I've ever heard, and I don't even have the beats package. I did tweak the equalizer a bit and my only complaint is that in android auto the music bypasses the car's equalizer so the music is flat and a lot quieter than siriusXM radio.

#16 ·
Phone volume does not come into play with Android Auto through the head unit.

I did dig around and found a way into an equalizer settings page on the phone and although it was extremely limited in what I could change it did seem to make a noticeable difference. The phone's EQ is crap compared to the car's EQ that is being bypassed though, the car's EQ has the dynamic loudness option which I really like vs the static EQ settings I applied in the phone but its still an improvement so I will take it, finally have a little bass in my music when playing through AA (but only at high volume).

-------------

Changing the speakers is a bit of a gamble. The radio was designed to be paired with the speakers it has, you want to watch out for replacement speakers with different impedance that might sound great for a while until the radio fries its amplifier circuits. Of course pairing new speakers with a proper amplifier can remedy that, but its way too much work for something that sounds pretty good to me right off the bat. This stock system beats our Honda and our previous Nissan very easily, but if your previous car had some kind of high-end system from bose or alpine etc then I could see where you might be picky.

#20 ·

Stock non-Beats speaker installed in 2019 Jeep Compass. Cloth cones. Cloth surrounds. Paper whizzer cone tweeters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.