rearview mirror power tap? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 07-07-2018, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Question rearview mirror power tap?

Hi,

Just "ordered" a 2018 Compass Trailhawk (through Carmax .. it's actually a transfer, not an order), and am super excited about it. Looks like a fantastic vehicle.

I want to install a dashcam, and am wondering if anyone has disassembled the auto-dimming mirror and located a switched +12v wire, and/or has access to a wiring diagram.

I want to have a very clean install using posi-tap's from wires feeding the rear-view mirror, to a 12v to 5v/USB converter box, and mount the dashcam as far up hidden by the mirror as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-07-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfuman View Post
Hi,

Just "ordered" a 2018 Compass Trailhawk (through Carmax .. it's actually a transfer, not an order), and am super excited about it. Looks like a fantastic vehicle.

I want to install a dashcam, and am wondering if anyone has disassembled the auto-dimming mirror and located a switched +12v wire, and/or has access to a wiring diagram.

I want to have a very clean install using posi-tap's from wires feeding the rear-view mirror, to a 12v to 5v/USB converter box, and mount the dashcam as far up hidden by the mirror as possible.
I just ran a add-a-fuse tap off the fuse block under the dash, ran the wire up the A pillar, tucked behind headliner and down behind the mirror behind the stupid plastic sensor cover. Pretty easy.

Pictures of accessing the fuse box and removing a-pillar are in this post.

http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/...#/topics/40017

Also you're only spot to mount the cam is directly below the sensor cover behind the mirror. If you put it next to the cover all the way at the top the sensor cover blocks 50% of your camera view. I originally wanted mine there but realized it was a no go. I just got a low profile suction cup mount until I decide I want it there permanently.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (GCM)

Last edited by dawm; 07-07-2018 at 11:34 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-08-2018, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in