2017.5 Jeep Compass Top Speed - Jeep Compass Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 33 Old 07-14-2018, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
2017.5 Jeep Compass Top Speed

I way curious where the limiter hit in case I'm ever being chased by aliens. I need to know my limits lol. I was surprised how safe it felt at 118 MPH.
FWD
6 Speed Auto
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1531498248048_1531528040062.jpg (34.8 KB, 138 views)

2017.5 Jeep Compass Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 07-14-2018, 01:49 PM

Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box

Garage
Thanks for driving in an unsafe manner. I'm assuming that this wasn't on the track at Daytona, but endangering others on the highway.
post #3 of 33 Old 07-14-2018, 02:36 PM

It was filmed in Mexico
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 07-14-2018, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeexelby View Post
It was filmed in Mexico
Exactly

post #5 of 33 Old 07-14-2018, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
Thanks for driving in an unsafe manner. I'm assuming that this wasn't on the track at Daytona, but endangering others on the highway.
Look at the clock. It was midnight and not another car in sight. I only endangered myself. I don't drive in traffic at those speeds or blow by anyone.

post #6 of 33 Old 07-14-2018, 05:07 PM

I saw a video someplace of a 2.4 9 speed in Europe running like 130 mph!!! In my younger dumber days I would have tested that to see if US version was the same. It does not surprise me with the stability as at 75-80 it is rock solid as long as there is no wind. But hit a strong headwind at around 80 you will be keeping both hands on the wheel and wanting to stop to check that the hood is latched properly as it will be dancing around like crazy. lol
post #7 of 33 Old 07-14-2018, 05:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossmantwentytwo View Post
Look at the clock. It was midnight and not another car in sight. I only endangered myself. I don't drive in traffic at those speeds or blow by anyone.
Still pretty stupid, IMHO. Just sayin'
Obviously you're not married, with kids.
And...............taking a picture, while going that speed! Unfknbelievable!

Last edited by 10-64; 07-14-2018 at 05:35 PM.
post #8 of 33 Old 07-14-2018, 05:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeexelby View Post
It was filmed in Mexico
And where did it say that?
post #9 of 33 Old 07-14-2018, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Still pretty stupid, IMHO. Just sayin'
Obviously you're not married, with kids.
And...............taking a picture, while going that speed! Unfknbelievable!
Single with a beautiful daughter that I carry a hefty life insurance policy on. I also ride a motorcycle with no helmet, but I know people that smoke and jump out of airplanes. Think of it this way, I just saved everyone's lives that were thinking about doing this. Now they know and don't have to do this themselves. That's just a risk I'm willing to take for my fellow Jeep Compassans.
katrinacop likes this.

post #10 of 33 Old 07-14-2018, 10:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Single with a beautiful daughter that I carry a hefty life insurance policy on. I also ride a motorcycle with no helmet,..................
I hope you have a hefty life insurance policy on YOUR life. Your daughter will need it when you're not there for her anymore.
post #11 of 33 Old 07-14-2018, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Single with a beautiful daughter that I carry a hefty life insurance policy on. I also ride a motorcycle with no helmet,..................
I hope you have a hefty life insurance policy on YOUR life. Your daughter will need it when you're not there for her anymore.
I'm so sorry for endangering myself. Will you ever forgive me? Do you feel better now? Can we talk about Jeep's now? This is not Jeep counseling 101. How we all decide to drive them is our own problem. People die off-roading rolling over their vehicles. Are you going to troll every 4x4 on here too?

post #12 of 33 Old 07-15-2018, 12:08 AM

Everyone calm down. Let idiots be idiots.
10-64 likes this.
post #13 of 33 Old 07-15-2018, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swivel View Post
Everyone calm down. Let idiots be idiots.
Thank you! Us idiots provide First Responders with job security lol

post #14 of 33 Old 07-15-2018, 01:25 AM

Quote:
And where did it say that?
That is obvious sarcasm , thats what most internet peeps say when they are doing those kinds of speeds.
post #15 of 33 Old 07-15-2018, 02:46 AM

i don't know what's more absurd,

that you were actually dumb enough to go 118 mph and then have your hand off the wheel to use your cellphone to take a picture...

or that you think aliens who must have mastered interstellar travel, going light-years to get to Earth, are going to be left in the dust by your jeep compass.

put down the phone and drive. The fastest that your jeep can go is the speed limit.
10-64 likes this.

'18 Compass 4x4 Sport 6-speed manual
post #16 of 33 Old 07-15-2018, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninpa View Post
i don't know what's more absurd,

that you were actually dumb enough to go 118 mph and then have your hand off the wheel to use your cellphone to take a picture...

or that you think aliens who must have mastered interstellar travel, going light-years to get to Earth, are going to be left in the dust by your jeep compass.

put down the phone and drive. The fastest that your jeep can go is the speed limit.
No it's the speed limiter of 118 MPH. I'll have to remove the limiter to have a chance against the aliens. Perhaps a turbo for the little guy? Maybe Vin Diesel can hook me up with some nitrous!

post #17 of 33 Old 07-15-2018, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Something tells me the people complaining voted for Hillary and are sitting in their safe place (probably Starbucks) on their iPhones or Macbooks trolling the internet for people that hurt their feelings or make them feel unsafe. I might need to go trade my Compass back in for the F150 I traded and start hanging out with real men again.

post #18 of 33 Old 07-15-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
trade my Compass back in for the F150 I traded and start hanging out with real men again.
what if I told you real men drive a stick shift

'18 Compass 4x4 Sport 6-speed manual
post #19 of 33 Old 07-15-2018, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninpa View Post
Quote:
trade my Compass back in for the F150 I traded and start hanging out with real men again.
what if I told you real men drive a stick shift
I've owned over 20 vehicles and half of them were stick. That doesn't include my motorcycles. I love my Compass, but not even a manual transmission would make it manly lol. It's a good economical vehicle that gets me A to B.

post #20 of 33 Old 07-15-2018, 06:50 PM

Ok everyone I have to ask have none of you ever done something that might have put yourself or even the life of others at risk? I admit I was once a street racer and my only real addiction was the adrenaline rush of driving fast. Even when I was not racing or trying to prove anything to anyone a long empty road was calling for the skinny pedal to find the floor be it a Datsun that maxed out at 100 mph a Chevy bouncing off the limiter at 98 MPH or even a Plymouth with 150 MPH on the dash that could do this easily and then some. Not saying I advise this but I'm also mindful that there are places on this globe we're driving 150 MPH is someones everyday trip to work and where they are at this might be perfectly legal.

Just the fact we are alive carries with it a high risk of death. We also often carry with us the very fact we could make a mistake that risk the lives of others. Have you ever zoned out while driving? Missed a stop sign? Pushed the red on a red light? Changed lanes and missed something in your blind spot? Driven while a little too tired?

None of us are perfect. While we should not jump in here and promote breaking the law and speeding we should also rember things we have done that were outside the confines of the law and safety. I think one of the things to look at is bossmantwentytwo pointed out this was an empty road and they do not drive this way in traffic which is much more than I can say about others I see driving at 2-3 times the limit in heavy traffic.

Some of you would have a freaking heart attack living where I do just 20 min from 421 The Snake and driving that road on a nice weekend. 489 curves, 3 mountains, 1 valley all packed in 33 miles and truck load of people wanting to test their steel. I have been driving over the limit on this road and been passed by a herd of motorcyclist traveling what I call insane speeds though this curvy road. Even pulled off the road once when I saw a Subaru WRX STI and a Corvette in my rear veiw closing in fast just to let them go at it and see if they survived the trip.Yes every now and then someone bites it but that never even slows down the flow of people on bikes and cars from having a bit of fun in these twisties. All that do so know if you push this road it might be the last trip you make on it upright anyhow but it is the risk they all know they take.

What is the point here is this all ok well of course not but we are not all wired the same way. We do things we look back at and say that is not the smartest thing I have ever done but it was fun. In the grand scheme of things doing a bit over 100 MPH on an empty road late at night is not a huge crime against humanity. Save that for the next time your on the interstate doing 80 MPH and some @$$ is doing a buck twenty weaving in and out of traffic cutting people off and driving under of over their bumper that's the true threat!
Jim Heller likes this.
post #21 of 33 Old 07-15-2018, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jacobs View Post
Ok everyone I have to ask have none of you ever done something that might have put yourself or even the life of others at risk? I admit I was once a street racer and my only real addiction was the adrenaline rush of driving fast. Even when I was not racing or trying to prove anything to anyone a long empty road was calling for the skinny pedal to find the floor be it a Datsun that maxed out at 100 mph a Chevy bouncing off the limiter at 98 MPH or even a Plymouth with 150 MPH on the dash that could do this easily and then some. Not saying I advise this but I'm also mindful that there are places on this globe we're driving 150 MPH is someones everyday trip to work and where they are at this might be perfectly legal.

Just the fact we are alive carries with it a high risk of death. We also often carry with us the very fact we could make a mistake that risk the lives of others. Have you ever zoned out while driving? Missed a stop sign? Pushed the red on a red light? Changed lanes and missed something in your blind spot? Driven while a little too tired?

None of us are perfect. While we should not jump in here and promote breaking the law and speeding we should also rember things we have done that were outside the confines of the law and safety. I think one of the things to look at is bossmantwentytwo pointed out this was an empty road and they do not drive this way in traffic which is much more than I can say about others I see driving at 2-3 times the limit in heavy traffic.

Some of you would have a freaking heart attack living where I do just 20 min from 421 The Snake and driving that road on a nice weekend. 489 curves, 3 mountains, 1 valley all packed in 33 miles and truck load of people wanting to test their steel. I have been driving over the limit on this road and been passed by a herd of motorcyclist traveling what I call insane speeds though this curvy road. Even pulled off the road once when I saw a Subaru WRX STI and a Corvette in my rear veiw closing in fast just to let them go at it and see if they survived the trip.Yes every now and then someone bites it but that never even slows down the flow of people on bikes and cars from having a bit of fun in these twisties. All that do so know if you push this road it might be the last trip you make on it upright anyhow but it is the risk they all know they take.

What is the point here is this all ok well of course not but we are not all wired the same way. We do things we look back at and say that is not the smartest thing I have ever done but it was fun. In the grand scheme of things doing a bit over 100 MPH on an empty road late at night is not a huge crime against humanity. Save that for the next time your on the interstate doing 80 MPH and some @$$ is doing a buck twenty weaving in and out of traffic cutting people off and driving under of over their bumper that's the true threat!
Well said Chris. Check out my Compass on this rainy day in Daytona Beach. Just Plasti Dipped the wheels and tinted the windows.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180715_142347_1531682650888.jpg (76.1 KB, 21 views)
Chris Jacobs likes this.

post #22 of 33 Old 07-15-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Well said Chris. Check out my Compass on this rainy day in Daytona Beach. Just Plasti Dipped the wheels and tinted the windows.
I like the red/black look. I need to wrap my door handles. Black out that front grille, the chrome is killing the flow.
post #23 of 33 Old 07-15-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:

Nice Compass I love the color. lol

Here is a pic of our Compass on top of a local dam. The mountain in the background has a forestry road that winds it's way to the top of it then runs on and off the ridge top. It has peaks around 4300ft above sea level. You can see the lights of at least 5 cities as your driving on the peak. There is also forestry free campground and camping spots all over the mountain. The wife and I have spent a lot of time wheeling the Compass up there since we got it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180224_121421.jpg (53.9 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Chris Jacobs; 07-15-2018 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Wrong file format for pic.
post #24 of 33 Old 07-15-2018, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

Nice Compass I love the color. lol

Here is a pic of our Compass on top of a local dam. The mountain in the background has a forestry road that winds it's way to the top of it then runs on and off the ridge top. It has peaks around 4300ft above sea level. You can see the lights of at least 5 cities as your driving on the peak. There is also forestry free campground and camping spots all over the mountain. The wife and I have spent a lot of time wheeling the Compass up there since we got it.
I would to drive around a landscape like that. I'm stuck in flat Florida. Looks amazing!
Chris Jacobs likes this.

post #25 of 33 Old 07-16-2018, 01:02 AM

Quote:
I would to drive around a landscape like that. I'm stuck in flat Florida. Looks amazing!

Yeah we lived in coastal SC for a long time. Had some 4wds and not much to do with 4wd drive go through ditches and over fallen trees and mud lots and lots of mud! That is why I'm not that much into playing in the mud these days. Not only does it make for a lot of clean up but mud gets into parts you think should be safe and carrys grit with it then things start falling apart. LOL We moved up here to the mountains just over 10 years ago I honestly I have never looked back. So much to do where we live now. Within a few minutes we can jump on the AT in several different spots to hike. We have quite a few waterfalls close around us. We live in a valley between two ridges at around 1800 ft above sea level but I can drive like 30-45 minutes and be up around 6000 ft.

Then miles and miles of forestry roads that are poorly maintained winding in,out,over and on top of mountains. We have one rough road/trail that is like 25-30 miles long. These are short compared to places out West and further North but still a blast with incredible views. I have tossed in a few more pics of us out having fun with our Compass. This is where I have a lot of enjoyment these days living life at a slower pace. The first is a pull off overlook around 5200 FT the other two are on a recently discovered scenic road built on an old railroad grade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180331_123829.jpg (60.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20180331_134423.jpg (117.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20180331_132954.jpg (91.9 KB, 10 views)
post #26 of 33 Old 07-16-2018, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Nice. How dark did you go with, and did you do the sun strip? On my 2016 I went with 5% on the sides, left the rear at 20%, did the windshield in 70% in a heat rejection film, with a 6-inch vinyl sun strip that I will switch out for a larger one this week.
post #27 of 33 Old 07-16-2018, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVIGOR View Post
Quote:
Nice. How dark did you go with, and did you do the sun strip? On my 2016 I went with 5% on the sides, left the rear at 20%, did the windshield in 70% in a heat rejection film, with a 6-inch vinyl sun strip that I will switch out for a larger one this week.
I don't recall the percentage, but I told them to match the factory back windows. I believe I am a couple steps above legal. Same with the strip. I took it right down to the AS1 line.

post #28 of 33 Old 07-16-2018, 03:01 PM

Garage
The rear windows are stock tint at 20%.

In Ontario nothing on the front doors can be greater than 30% tint. My last vehicle was tinted 30% on the front, 16% on everything behind the front doors.
On the Compass I elected to go with a 36% tint on the front this time around, and it still looks great! Legal too!
(That 6% difference is almost impossible to tell)

Last edited by 10-64; 07-16-2018 at 03:04 PM.
post #29 of 33 Old 07-19-2018, 05:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
I saw a video someplace of a 2.4 9 speed in Europe running like 130 mph!!! In my younger dumber days I would have tested that to see if US version was the same. ...
This was not the 2.4 engine but the 1.4 Turbo engine (2.4 is not available in Europe).
And it was done on a German autobahn without speed limit (no, it wasn't me nor did I the video).

https://youtu.be/G3rlz7t4Su8
post #30 of 33 Old 07-20-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaneon View Post
This was not the 2.4 engine but the 1.4 Turbo engine (2.4 is not available in Europe).
And it was done on a German autobahn without speed limit (no, it wasn't me nor did I the video).

https://youtu.be/G3rlz7t4Su8

Not the same video I saw the one I saw was a 9 speed being manually shifted. I either assumed Europe or someone on the thread said it was Europe. It was in Kilometres per hour where ever it was for sure because I used a conversion calculator to get MPH. I found it when still trying to figure out what we were going to buy. I looked at so many videos I can't find it again I don't think it was a youtube but could be wrong. I do know looking at where 9th comes in 130 MPH should be no problem.

Again I don't suggest anyone speed but there are roads like I-95 between SC and GA as well as I-81 in TN that might as well be a freaking autobahn. On I-95 I have run 120 MPH and been passed by almost everything on the road. On I-81 I had another NBS Compass pass me that was running an easy 90 - 100 MPH it was not straining at all. These sections of interstate stretch out into places one could call nowhere. So LEO is rarely seen so many drivers just roll on however fast they want too so doing 60-65 MPH can get you run over. LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in