TSB 08-095-18 Is this the fix for our drivetrain issues? - Page 4 - Jeep Compass Forum
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #91 of 106 Old 01-03-2019, 10:41 PM

Garage
Unfortunately locking the door with the proximity key fob (pressing a button on the door handle) automatically activates the alarm system. Normally, simply touching the door handle would unlock the door and deactivate the alarm but it wasn't doing any of that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 106 Old 05-28-2019, 02:40 PM
SJH

Garage
I have a second gen 4x4 compass and had the DTCM update complete which was described in the initial post. Since then I've noticed an improvement but would not say the issue is "cured". Just wondering if there were any ever software updates available to the RDM that I may have foregone. Ive also done an update to the TCM AND PTCM. Only had the vehicle a couple of months and really like it with the exception of the 9 speed quirks that present themselves about 50% of the time.
post #93 of 106 Old 05-28-2019, 09:24 PM

Location: Two locations in NH: One near Concord, the other at the 45th.

I don't know about another update, but I'll offer a couple helpful hints.
1) Putting the transmission into auto-stick makes the noise go away.
2) Also, turning off the ESC and then turning it back on makes it go away for awhile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 106 Old 06-03-2019, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Toy

I can say, that this update does not fix anything. They just try to hide the noise. Switch back to 2WD is now done at a higher speed, where the engine sound is louder. That痴 all, what the update does.

Compass Limited CRD, MY18, Pearl White, Leather Black, uConnect 8.4Nav & Beats Audio

覧覧覧覧覧-
German Jeep Forum for new Jeeps from MY14 and up:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #95 of 106 Old 07-07-2019, 06:53 AM

Hi there,

@Toy and @Germaneon: is it possible to get the whole TSB as a scan or pdf? my dealer isnエt very helpful whithin such questions...

bye,
samse
post #96 of 106 Old 07-07-2019, 08:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by samse2101 View Post
Hi there,

@Toy and @Germaneon: is it possible to get the whole TSB as a scan or pdf? my dealer isnエt very helpful whithin such questions...[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/images/MyJeepCompass_toucan/smilies/tango_face_plain.png[/IMG]

bye,
samse
Only the screenshot you see in my post #2 at the very beginning of this thread.
post #97 of 106 Old 07-08-2019, 02:32 AM

FYI, after losing my 2018 Compass in a wreck I bought a new 2019 and it doesn't make the grinding noise. Either they changed something in the design or they found a way to muffle the sound.
post #98 of 106 Old 07-08-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine
FYI, after losing my 2018 Compass in a wreck I bought a new 2019 and it doesn't make the grinding noise. Either they changed something in the design or they found a way to muffle the sound.
Do you have enough miles on it already to be certain of that?
post #99 of 106 Old 07-08-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
I suppose not. Only about 250 at this writing. However the sound was noticeable from the outset with my 2018.

I'll be keeping a close eye on my oil consumption with this one to see if its better than my previous Compass.
post #100 of 106 Old 07-09-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post

I have a very late built 2018. According to the dealer, It is the last 澱atch before the 2019s. It doesn稚 make the noise as well (I heard the noise in a early 2018 model that a friend has, so I know what it is.) so they changed something during the 2018 year production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #101 of 106 Old 07-09-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine
I'll be keeping a close eye on my oil consumption with this one to see if its better than my previous Compass.
You want the oil to mostly stay below the piston rings? Hook up a big boat and give 'er a good, moderate pull for a while. Get those rings to seat!

post #102 of 106 Old 07-09-2019, 08:20 PM

@arudlang, I'm curious what the boat and trailer weigh? I'm debating putting a hitch on my Compass (AWD 9-spd a/t) to pull my small utility trailer or maybe on my older Patriot (FWD 5-spd std). The Patriot has the small motor (2.0) but I hate to pull much with an automatic transmission. Heaviest thing I'm likely to pull would be my lawn tractor.
post #103 of 106 Old 07-10-2019, 01:41 AM

I've often guessed and said about 2000 lbs but I did some googling and looks like it might be more like 1500 (just the boat itself), then add the trailer and 15 gallons of fuel and a cooler or two, tools (a boat that old always needs a little adjustment once or twice during the day), my net total is still likely approaching that 2000 lb mark.

I tried to measure the tongue weight once and seemed like it was between 135 and 150 lbs (depending on with or without the fuel, held in the bow).

I think intermittent towing of a utility trailer with a mower would not likely bother either too much.

You don't mean to tell me you got a new Compass and didn't get the towing pack right out the bat? We've talked about this!
post #104 of 106 Old 07-10-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
You don't mean to tell me you got a new Compass and didn't get the towing pack right out the bat? We've talked about this!
Since my previous Compass got wrecked, I took what they had on the lot. None had the hitch. Dealer says it is not presently available.

Thanks for the estimate of your rig's weight. I doubt mine's half that.

Last edited by Jasmine; 07-10-2019 at 11:13 AM.
post #105 of 106 Old 07-11-2019, 03:42 AM

Garage
Drove a couple 2019 compasses for work as rentals. Do not hear a noise at all for downshifting and have limited and trailhawk versions. Mine is a 2017.5 and it still does have this issue.

"Wannabe Blacked Out - Oscar" - 2017 Jeep Compass 2nd gen body "Latitude 4x4"
"The Black Castle - Cassie" - 2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 (Wife's Castle) Slight mods with lighting and head and tail lights
post #106 of 106 Old 07-15-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
After saying mine was a quiet as a morgue in my 2018:2019 comparison I think I heard that grumbling noise on my way home a few minutes ago. I was driving in town, just cresting a knoll at maybe 25MPH, and I heard a low rumble. Maybe they lowered the speed at which we hear it and under acceleration the engine downs it out. Today with my foot off the gas and just gliding down the grade at low speed there was no engine noise to cover it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in