5Likes
  • 1 Post By Germaneon
  • 2 Post By arudlang
  • 1 Post By wpabon1
  • 1 Post By serg102

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 08-05-2018, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Jeep Compass MP Cabin Filter

Hello fellow Compassers. I have a question, does anyone know how to replace the cabin air filter in the 2Nd Gen Compass. I’ve looked online and all I find is older models. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 08-05-2018, 02:20 PM

When they changed my oil on Friday they noted on their "complimentary" inspection that the cabin air filter would need to be replaced soon. Most of these things are still pretty new and low miles so you might be the first pioneer to go after it (take pictures!).

The book is worthless on this one, it just says:

Quote:
Cabin Air Filter
The climate control system filters out dust and pollen from
the air. Contact an authorized dealer to service your cabin
air filter, and to have it replaced when needed.
Ridiculous they don't trust the owner to do the simple task of changing a simple air filter anymore...

Anyways its *probably* not going to be a lot different than older models so you can start there and see if you have any luck, and if you do let us know!
post #3 of 15 Old 08-05-2018, 04:48 PM

Garage
It's located behind glove box. But it's not simple to access. In the Dodge Caliber and the old Jeep Compass it was an easy process.
But why keep things simple. For the new Compass you have to remove the bezel on the right side (when passenger door is open). Remove the screw beneath that bezel. Remove that cloth beneath the glove box. There are hidden screws you must remove. Then open the glove box. There are the next screws to be removed. Then pry out the entire glove box compartment. After that you find a small vertical bar that has to be unscrewed and removed. And then you finally reach the filter's housing and can replace it.
Have fun!
Christato71 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 08-05-2018, 07:50 PM

Thanks a lot, Germaneon!
By the way, can you advise MP Cabin Filter Part Number?
post #5 of 15 Old 08-06-2018, 05:28 PM

Garage
The part number for the new Compass' cabin air filter should be 68350346AA.
post #6 of 15 Old 08-06-2018, 07:49 PM

All that work required just to change the cabin air filter?? And they are saying on my "Complimentary Inspection" sheet that it is due soon after only 16,000 miles?

First thing about this that pisses me off is knowing there is no way they went through the trouble of taking all that sh!t apart just to "check" to see if the filter was dirty, and then put it all back together. So the service department is just making sh!t up most likely to drive some additional revenue and I don't like that.

Second thing that irks me is that they would make it that damn difficult to get to. There is no reason for that.
cygnusjen and 10-64 like this.
post #7 of 15 Old 08-06-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
All that work required just to change the cabin air filter?? And they are saying on my "Complimentary Inspection" sheet that it is due soon after only 16,000 miles?

First thing about this that pisses me off is knowing there is no way they went through the trouble of taking all that sh!t apart just to "check" to see if the filter was dirty, and then put it all back together. So the service department is just making sh!t up most likely to drive some additional revenue and I don't like that.

Second thing that irks me is that they would make it that damn difficult to get to. There is no reason for that.

Most likely they figure that is when the charcoal has done all it can do. Myself I would not worry about it till I noticed reduced air flow through the vents. The last vehicle we had that had a cabin filter I got tired of changing it at recommended interval. So I let it go till I could feel a difference of air blowing out the vents which was recommended replacement x3. Strange thing is I never noticed the air having any strange odors. So either the charcoal does not really affect odors in the air that much or it was still working at 3x the replacement interval. I might ask about replacement cost then tell them if it is too high I'll take it under advisement.
post #8 of 15 Old 08-07-2018, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Wow I sure opened up a can of worms on this topic. Thanks for the information on how to get the cabin filter. I saw a video on the Renegade and it seems exactly the same way. Iím sad to see they made it more difficult than in the past. I owned a 2012 Jeep Compass and 2012 Dodge Journey. Both were simple to do. Iím not due for my 2018. I just got it a week ago, but it was for my wifeís 2017 Jeep Compass. We are truly a Jeep family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Germaneon likes this.
post #9 of 15 Old 08-07-2018, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaneon View Post
The part number for the new Compass' cabin air filter should be 68350346AA.
Vielen Dank!
Germaneon likes this.
post #10 of 15 Old 08-07-2018, 12:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by serg102 View Post
Vielen Dank!
Пожалуйста!
post #11 of 15 Old 10-11-2018, 02:55 PM

I have a 2018 Compass Trailhawk and brought it in yesterday for Jeep's "20,000 Mile schedule" and a change of the cabin air filter was required. The dealer told me after the oil was changed that my Jeep does not have a cabin air filter and I didn't see anything in the manual about it but I guess some of you have. So before I make a phone call, without a doubt, does the 2018 Trailhawk have a cabin air filter?
post #12 of 15 Old 10-21-2018, 12:10 AM

Yes, it's behind the glove box. To access it you have to unbolt the entire glove box assembly (not just the door). I have the "IKEA" like instructions somewhere, but I've posted them here on numerous threads.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (GCM)
post #13 of 15 Old 11-13-2019, 05:45 AM

Garage
You won't believe how dirty these cabin air filters become in such a short time. All vehicles suffer from the dirt not just Jeep. I guess the newer Jeeps are a little bit more complicated in this area compared to my 2007. I just dd an inspection and cleaning of my filter (yes they can be cleaned) a few days ago and it wasn't too long ago when I did the same. It really picks up a lot of dirt from the outside air.
post #14 of 15 Old 11-13-2019, 07:02 PM

Garage
here's a video. I hope this helps

post #15 of 15 Old 11-13-2019, 07:09 PM

Garage
This is for the FIAT500x but might be similar to the newer Jeeps.
Mine is '07 so it is different.

I hope it helps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in