• 1 Post By Tripod
  • 1 Post By arudlang
  • 1 Post By 10-64
  • 4 Post By Chris Jacobs

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 08-07-2018, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Question remote start

hello I been searching on the forum and I haven't seen this topic, we just purchase this compass 2018 and I'm interest it on adding the remote start
has anyone done it here is a link for it and I think is a plug and play plz give me your comments thanks a lot

is a mopar part number I could put link..newbie ..here is the part number 82214660AC or 82214660AB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jeep Compass Altitude 2018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-07-2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexsoy View Post
hello I been searching on the forum and I haven't seen this topic, we just purchase this compass 2018 and I'm interest it on adding the remote start
has anyone done it here is a link for it and I think is a plug and play plz give me your comments thanks a lot

is a mopar part number I could put link..newbie ..here is the part number 82214660AC or 82214660AB
I think the best option would be talking to your dealer. Even if you get the parts and manage to install it, I think the option would still need to be software activated.
10-64 likes this.
post #3 of 11 Old 08-07-2018, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
yea I'm going back to the dealer tomorrow and ill ask for installation details.. they didn't give me my second key or manual Sunday,, thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-07-2018, 08:46 PM

I didn't know any of them came without remote start... what country are you in? The remote start button is on our fobs so I would assume you'd need new keyfobs programmed and everything. Extremely doubtful it can be done without help from the dealership.
10-64 likes this.
post #5 of 11 Old 08-07-2018, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
I didn't know any of them came without remote start... what country are you in? The remote start button is on our fobs so I would assume you'd need new keyfobs programmed and everything. Extremely doubtful it can be done without help from the dealership.
I'm in the states in California and I just call the dealer and they want 420 for install and 300 for the kit … ouch … that's why I was asking if anyone else had done it yet...

thanks

my key fob only has the lock/ unlock and panic

post #6 of 11 Old 08-07-2018, 10:18 PM

Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box

Garage
It might be an "Emissions" issue in California, having a Remote Start???
I thought they were standard. I have the remote start feature on my Trailhawk key fob
arudlang likes this.
post #7 of 11 Old 08-07-2018, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
It might be an "Emissions" issue in California, having a Remote Start???
I thought they were standard. I have the remote start feature on my Trailhawk key fob

they do haven but this model that we got didn't came with it, I was just thinking that I can try to add it since they sell the kit...

post #8 of 11 Old 08-07-2018, 11:36 PM

I thought remote start was only on the "cold weather package". These things are a pain in the rear to modify the electrical or electronics! This why we recommend people to pay the extra out the gate and not plan on buying a stripped down one and try to add to it later.
arudlang, 10-64, Tripod and 1 others like this.
post #9 of 11 Old 08-08-2018, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jacobs View Post
I thought remote start was only on the "cold weather package". These things are a pain in the rear to modify the electrical or electronics! This why we recommend people to pay the extra out the gate and not plan on buying a stripped down one and try to add to it later.
yeap thanks anyway , kind of late now jajajja…

post #10 of 11 Old 08-09-2018, 01:20 PM

Garage
I have one on my '12 and love it. Bought for $149 at Best Buy and they installed for $99 with warranty on parts and labor. I think it was Viper brand.

Dave aka PhillyPhinsPhan
post #11 of 11 Old 08-09-2018, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhinsPhan View Post
I have one on my '12 and love it. Bought for $149 at Best Buy and they installed for $99 with warranty on parts and labor. I think it was Viper brand.
the one I was looking at it uses OEM key so only one remote.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in