Just got the Compass - Stop/Start & Dash question - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 08-28-2018, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Just got the Compass - Stop/Start & Dash question

Our new Compass has auto start / stop but it hasn't kicked in...what are the requirements regarding battery levels etc for it to operate? The car has only done 60km (35 miles).

Also on the dash, where the odometer is, it says "H" next to the kilometres travelled - what is it? Can it be removed?

Pre Ordered 2018 Compass Limited 2.0 Diesel with Advanced Safety Pack - due mid 2018 !

Last edited by aussiejeepguy; 08-28-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-29-2018, 03:30 AM

I don't know about the H, but for the stop/start status, use the directional pad on the left of the steering wheel and go down until the Stop/Start menu is displayed in the instrument cluster display.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-29-2018, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

I don't have that option in my menu (for vehicle settings) unless it's hidden - i'm on the 8.4 Uconnect screen in a Limited (color dashboard)

Pre Ordered 2018 Compass Limited 2.0 Diesel with Advanced Safety Pack - due mid 2018 !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 08-29-2018, 06:38 AM

Garage
When my Compass was brand new it also displayed that "H". It disappeared after a while and never came back.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-29-2018, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

That's interesting ...maybe it's to do with breaking it in ? I'm waiting to hear back from our service department.

post #6 of 10 Old 08-29-2018, 03:42 PM

Garage
That could be possible. I'm not sure but I think after a few hundred kilometers it was gone. At 57 km it was definitely still there, lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg acc-800x286_1535557508056.jpg (68.7 KB, 79 views)
post #7 of 10 Old 08-30-2018, 01:19 PM

Picked my Compass up with 7 miles on the clock. Never saw a H anywhere....
post #8 of 10 Old 08-30-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaneon View Post
That could be possible. I'm not sure but I think after a few hundred kilometers it was gone. At 57 km it was definitely still there, lol.
This image makes me jealous that US models have the sensor but for some reason dont have the automatic cruise control.

My dealer said it might be turned off due to no regulation on how much trucks can be lifted in the US. As the sensor is low, the car might simply not detect a lifted truck in front and crash into it.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-31-2018, 07:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post

This image makes me jealous that US models have the sensor but for some reason dont have the automatic cruise control.

My dealer said it might be turned off due to no regulation on how much trucks can be lifted in the US. As the sensor is low, the car might simply not detect a lifted truck in front and crash into it.
Then again the Jeep Cherokee does offer the ACC, don't think that these sensors should be that much different.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-31-2018, 04:40 PM

Canít see that being the reason. There are many vehicles in many shapes and sizes all over the world and ACC can cope with them all. More likely a type approval issue on the ACC system or a particular part of it that is used on the Compass. Probably nothing w one with it at all but without the correct bit of paper for the approval they canít sell it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in