Hindsight Being 20/20 - Jeep Compass Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ofwolfandman
  • 1 Post By rriggs

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 08-31-2018, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Hindsight Being 20/20

Would you buy your 2018 Jeep compass again? I see the problems listed on this forum and the six recalls and worry about purchasing one. I really like it aeshetically and it has the big three I am seeking (awd, leather seats, and panoramic sunroof) but i worry about reliability. My previous cars all got more than 200k + miles without any major issue. And the other car I am considering comes with a 6 year bumper to bumper warranty and doesn't have any recalls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-31-2018, 03:05 PM

Garage
Iíve been very happy with my trailhawk. So far I havenít ran into any of the problems others are reporting (knock on wood). I do wish it had a little more power to work with, but other than that it has met or exceeded my expectations
arudlang likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-31-2018, 03:17 PM

Yes, I would buy mine again, but I would do it the same way. Start with a lease so I have plenty of time to make sure I don't have a lemon, and then buy it out at the end or get out from under it. By 36 months I will have a solid feel of whether its worth keeping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-31-2018, 04:36 PM

Very happy with mine and would buy again. Some small niggles but I have had that with every car I have bought from every manufacturer. No major issues and really love the look and the equipment. The MPG is also great which is another bonus.

Forums like this are a valuable resource when researching a new car but are also a hive for people who either have a problem they want help with or who want to moan. Rarely do people come to forums like this to say everything is great so the view is jaded.
arudlang likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-04-2018, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to with another car. It was a tough choice. The funny thing is, the Jeep dealer called me as I was signing paperwork and said he'd take another $1000 off the limited. If he had offered that a day earlier, I would have taken it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in