Need a VIN - Jeep Compass Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 12-03-2018, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 93
 
Need a VIN

I am trying to get a VIN for a fully loaded European Compass so I can get some part numbers.


Don't suppose anyone on here can help?

Cheers
jim010 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 12-03-2018, 06:07 PM
Senior Member
 
10-64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box
Posts: 236
 
Garage
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim010 View Post
I am trying to get a VIN for a fully loaded European Compass so I can get some part numbers.


Don't suppose anyone on here can help?

Cheers

LMFAO! Ya, right! .................. Like I'm going to give you "my" VIN #, so you can scam the ownership! Sorry................ain't gonna happen!

(Mod's should pull this ad asap, before someone falls for this scam!)
10-64 is online now  
post #3 of 11 Old 12-03-2018, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 93
 
Sigh ... the uniformed ... whatever ...



I'm looking on ads from UK dealers but can't find anything. If someone can point me in the direction of a place that shows the VIN. I usually go to Ebay, Autotrader or dealer websites to get a VIN when I was doing mods to my Mustang and needed a VIN to do programming, but the European sites I'm looking at don't give VINs like they do here.

Looking to get part numbers for power folding mirrors, ACC module and a couple other items not available in North America.

Last edited by jim010; 12-03-2018 at 06:33 PM.
jim010 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 Old 12-03-2018, 08:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 379
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
LMFAO! Ya, right! .................. Like I'm going to give you "my" VIN #, so you can scam the ownership! Sorry................ain't gonna happen!

(Mod's should pull this ad asap, before someone falls for this scam!)
How can someone scam the ownership with VIN? You can open autonation or any other car dealer and get the VIN information of all the cars they sell. You can also read the VIN of any car just by checking the code under the windshield. It is not exactly something someone can use for scamming. I mean what will they do, check if your car has a recall?
Tripod is online now  
post #5 of 11 Old 12-04-2018, 12:11 AM
Senior Member
 
10-64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box
Posts: 236
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
How can someone scam the ownership with VIN? You can open autonation or any other car dealer and get the VIN information of all the cars they sell. You can also read the VIN of any car just by checking the code under the windshield. It is not exactly something someone can use for scamming. I mean what will they do, check if your car has a recall?
A VIN can get you the ownership of the vehicle. At least it can here. Thats all you need

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ng-the-country

Just Google VIN scams............there are dozens

I'm just sayin', because apparently, I'm "uninformed"

Last edited by 10-64; 12-04-2018 at 12:20 AM.
10-64 is online now  
post #6 of 11 Old 12-04-2018, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 93
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
A VIN can get you the ownership of the vehicle. At least it can here. Thats all you need

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ng-the-country

Just Google VIN scams............there are dozens

I'm just sayin', because apparently, I'm "uninformed"
Yes, you are indeed uniformed ... nothing in that article shows how I am going to steal ownership of your car. And you are distracting from what I need. Move along please.


Anyway ...
If there are European websites anyone has come across that gives VINS, like they do here in Canada at dealer websites, Ebay or Autotrader? Again, I need a fully loaded European spec Compass so I can identify the part numbers for the power folding mirrors, ACC, LED head and tail lights, and the switches on the center console.

Last edited by jim010; 12-04-2018 at 01:18 AM.
jim010 is online now  
post #7 of 11 Old 12-04-2018, 11:08 AM
Senior Member
 
mdram4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: ES of Md
Posts: 242
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim010 View Post
Yes, you are indeed uniformed ... nothing in that article shows how I am going to steal ownership of your car. And you are distracting from what I need. Move along please.


Anyway ...
If there are European websites anyone has come across that gives VINS, like they do here in Canada at dealer websites, Ebay or Autotrader? Again, I need a fully loaded European spec Compass so I can identify the part numbers for the power folding mirrors, ACC, LED head and tail lights, and the switches on the center console.

i have walked into dealers with a vin and gotten a key cut, took about 15 min, never asked for proof of ownership, id or anything

i usually have the one in my window covered

2018 Compass Latitude
mdram4x4 is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 12-04-2018, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 93
 
I got what I need from Jeep Australia.

Found a Jeep there with the LED head and tail lights, as well as ACC and Self Parking and power folding mirrors. Now I can use that VIN to search for parts that are specific to that car. Now I can get the part numbers I need.

PS, feel free to report me to the Australian authorities to warn them I am gong to steal a Jeep...

Last edited by jim010; 12-04-2018 at 08:33 PM.
jim010 is online now  
post #9 of 11 Old 12-04-2018, 10:09 PM
Senior Member
 
10-64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box
Posts: 236
 
Garage
Lmfao
10-64 is online now  
post #10 of 11 Old 12-05-2018, 12:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 379
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim010 View Post
I got what I need from Jeep Australia.

Found a Jeep there with the LED head and tail lights, as well as ACC and Self Parking and power folding mirrors. Now I can use that VIN to search for parts that are specific to that car. Now I can get the part numbers I need.

PS, feel free to report me to the Australian authorities to warn them I am gong to steal a Jeep...
Can you please share the part numbers once you have time? I am interested in part numbers for the ACC steering wheel switches.
Tripod is online now  
post #11 of 11 Old 12-05-2018, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 93
 
Absolutely. Ill start a new thread on it.
jim010 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome