Retrofit Ideas - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jim010

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 19 Old 12-05-2018, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Retrofit Ideas

I can't seem to help myself when it comes to modifying my cars. I don't do much performance mods, but I do alot of retrofitting of options, and even adding options that did not exist for my cars. Call it a hobby, as I enjoy doing it. If curious about whether I have any clue as to what I'm talking about, look me up on TheMustangSource or Rennlist.

Well, there are options that the Compass in North America doesn't have that everybody else does that I am looking into retrofitting, such as:

power folding mirrors with puddle lights
Adaptive Cruise Control
Self Park
LED head lights
LED tail lights
8 way Power passenger seat
Driver memory seat
Rear fog lights

Just looking into the feasibility of these things.

Since my Trailhawk has the front collision sensor, rear park sensors and blind spot sensors, I suspect I have everything already needed for ACC and self park. Others are already looking into getting the AlfaOBD to access modules and turn stuff on , so I think there is a good chance that this can be done.

As for parts for these things, this is what I have so far:
55112714 AE and 55112715 AE - Front LED headlights
55112684 AB and 55112685 AB and 55112680 AD and 55112681 AD - rear LED tail lights
68365164 AA and 68365165 AA - power folding mirrors with puddle/courtesy lights
6BZ32LXH AA or 5YAP70DX9 AB - switch for folding the mirrors

Looking to see if there is a module for ACC and Self Park, but I can't find anything. I'm using the VIN form an Australian Compass Trailhawk to dig for part numbers.

If anyone can add to this or correct me if I have wrong info?
n4cr2k likes this.

Last edited by jim010; 12-05-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 12-05-2018, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Images of the parts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JACC.jpg (47.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg JSP.jpg (48.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg JLEDF.jpg (50.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg JLEDR.jpg (38.6 KB, 44 views)
post #3 of 19 Old 12-05-2018, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Pics of some of the parts:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JMS.jpg (43.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg JRF.jpg (69.1 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg JPMS.jpg (42.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg JPS.jpg (53.4 KB, 31 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 12-05-2018, 05:08 PM

Thank you!! I assume we will get the VIN numbers and part numbers for ACC when 2019 Compasses with ACC start to roll out in US.
post #5 of 19 Old 12-05-2018, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Others have suggested that the ACC module is not a separate module, but that ACC is part of the cruise control function and the front sensor. Can't find anything, though.
post #6 of 19 Old 12-05-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim010 View Post
Others have suggested that the ACC module is not a separate module, but that ACC is part of the cruise control function and the front sensor. Can't find anything, though.
Yeah I think the ACC module is a part of the radar. It is called the ACC sensor module.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adaptive-Sp...-/272995850016

Here is some more info from dodge challenger forum;

https://www.challengertalk.com/forum...62/index2.html

The software is in the eyeball itself and whatever else is needed in the car is already in every car.

As far as hardware goes, all you would need to do is add the eyeball and the buttons. You could tap the cable harnesses in yourself, eyeball needs power, ground, and CAN+/-, so there are many points where you could tap in under the hood. I'm pretty sure the buttons would work with your existing wheel hardware.

After that, you'd need to flash the ACC into the BCM and go through the alignment procedure. You'd need to find somoene with the right scan tool, or a very sympathetic dealership. Perhaps it could be baked into the Tazer firmware, as it certainly is capable of doing so. If enough people asked, it might happen.
based on this, I think the only parts that US compasses with front collision warning and breaking need is the cruise control switch assembly with the ACC related buttons. With that, you can swap out the regular cruise control switch with that one and if it can hopefully be activated softwarewise, it should work.

Last edited by Tripod; 12-05-2018 at 06:29 PM.
post #7 of 19 Old 12-05-2018, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

That's the assumption. Hopefully someone with AlfaOBD can tell us. When I downloaded the AlfaOBD demo, it did show ACC as a separate module. You would need to turn it on in the ECU and the cluster, and maybe the ABS module? And then make sure the modules can still talk to each other.
post #8 of 19 Old 12-07-2018, 07:43 AM

LED headlights/taillights are available in North America. At least in the US I know for sure. I'm an Audi guy so I appreciate the euro headlights with no amber reflector, but if you're just looking for the LED DRL strip in the headlight (and taillights), it is an option here in the US on the Limited models.
post #9 of 19 Old 12-07-2018, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Oh really? For 2018, I could not get it for a Trailhawk, but I didn't look at Limiteds. I'll have to look closer to home.

I also see that ACC is now an option on 2019 Limiteds in Canada.
post #10 of 19 Old 12-07-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Oh really? For 2018, I could not get it for a Trailhawk, but I didn't look at Limiteds. I'll have to look closer to home.

I also see that ACC is now an option on 2019 Limiteds in Canada.
Yep, check out the Limited. I'm looking at the Jeep website and It's part of the Advanced Safety & Lighting Group. It will say 'Bi-Xenon HID Headlamps with LED Signature'

Unfortunately on the other models, the Advanced Safety & Lighting Group will only give you Bi-Xenon HID Headlamps without the LED strip.
post #11 of 19 Old 12-12-2018, 01:56 AM

Garage
Why are the US version so skimpy on options at the dealership. My "LIMITED" comes with no option and have so many blank covers where all the cool stuff are supposed to be. Just a reminder for me that LIMITED just means BASIC.
post #12 of 19 Old 01-03-2019, 09:04 PM

Garage
Hmm, what are your sources of information on the parts needed for the ACC upgrade? I have a newly acquired (brand new, but sat on the dealer lot for over 18 months) 2017 Compass MP Latitude with the Advanced Safety group and I'm also a tinkerer. I just ordered the parts to add a factory tow package to my Compass (looks so much better than the aftermarket packages) and I'm currently wiring together a full interior ambient lighting kit including perimeter uplights around the edges of the panoramic sunroof (in tests, it looks really freaking cool).

I'd love to upgrade the cruise control system to make use of ACC, and it looks like I should already have the sensors and radar needed to do it. But just adding the switches seems...too easy. There has to be more to it than that.
post #13 of 19 Old 01-03-2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursive View Post
Hmm, what are your sources of information on the parts needed for the ACC upgrade? I have a newly acquired (brand new, but sat on the dealer lot for over 18 months) 2017 Compass MP Latitude with the Advanced Safety group and I'm also a tinkerer. I just ordered the parts to add a factory tow package to my Compass (looks so much better than the aftermarket packages) and I'm currently wiring together a full interior ambient lighting kit including perimeter uplights around the edges of the panoramic sunroof (in tests, it looks really freaking cool).

I'd love to upgrade the cruise control system to make use of ACC, and it looks like I should already have the sensors and radar needed to do it. But just adding the switches seems...too easy. There has to be more to it than that.
You need to software activate it. That is the most difficult part.
post #14 of 19 Old 01-04-2019, 12:34 AM

Garage
My previous car (a Subaru) had a freely available software package called FreeSSM that gave you access to all of the computer settings, and my daughters Prius has a publicly available package called Techstream that does the same thing, allowing full access to the internal CANBUS and computers. I'm new to Jeep (and FCA vehicles in general)...does anything similar exist for the Compass, or are we forced to grovel to the dealerships for software tweaks?

Last edited by Recursive; 01-04-2019 at 12:36 AM.
post #15 of 19 Old 01-04-2019, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursive View Post
My previous car (a Subaru) had a freely available software package called FreeSSM that gave you access to all of the computer settings, and my daughters Prius has a publicly available package called Techstream that does the same thing, allowing full access to the internal CANBUS and computers. I'm new to Jeep (and FCA vehicles in general)...does anything similar exist for the Compass, or are we forced to grovel to the dealerships for software tweaks?
There is a program called alfaobd that can do it. However, FCA installs security modules to their cars that prevents saving changes done by non-service authorized devices. So making changes and saving them requires installing a security bypass module.
post #16 of 19 Old 01-04-2019, 04:12 AM

Garage
I am into retrofitting as well. So I will keep an eye on this for the more simple things like a rear fog light. I am going aftermarket on the headlamps as I have stated in the mods section of the forums. I am thinking that is going to be a hard one when the bi-xenon is one bulb for high and low beams, from a dual system of high and low beams. I am sure it is doable, but I will wait till someone else try with that... Chopping up the harness to make that possible seems scary in such a new SUV.

anyway, cool stuff in this thread will sub to it watch it grow

"Wannabe Blacked Out - Oscar" - 2017 Jeep Compass 2nd gen body "Latitude 4x4"
"The Black Castle - Cassie" - 2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 (Wife's Castle) Slight mods with lighting and head and tail lights
post #17 of 19 Old 01-09-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
There is a program called alfaobd that can do it. However, FCA installs security modules to their cars that prevents saving changes done by non-service authorized devices. So making changes and saving them requires installing a security bypass module.
I have a 2018 compass and mine does not have the security module installed. I can use alfaobd to enable / disable things, clear codes, etc. I'm just waiting on a fix for the proxy alignment so I can complete my mods.
post #18 of 19 Old 01-09-2019, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Keep us posted. You have access to the ACC then?
post #19 of 19 Old 01-09-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Keep us posted. You have access to the ACC then?
My Jeep doesn't have the radar 'eye', so I'd have to add it first. If someone has an automatic with the safety and security package, alfaobd demo, and OBD adapter, they can try connecting to the ACC module.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in