Project threads? - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 6door74

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 12-30-2018, 03:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Project threads?

Does this forum have a place for personal project threads where people can post their car what they want to do to it? That way people can see what they looked like when they started how far they have gone? It is also a place for people to give feedback or help on a project if they have experience in that mods or area.

it is just nice to see where people started from stock to there finished product.

K

"Wannabe Blacked Out - Oscar" - 2017 Jeep Compass 2nd gen body "Latitude 4x4"
"The Black Castle - Cassie" - 2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 (Wife's Castle) Slight mods with lighting and head and tail lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-30-2018, 03:22 PM

There isn't a dedicated section on this forum, I don't think. Maybe the owner's area would be the closest one. This is, sadly, one of the worst forums I have ever participated in but there are not currently a lot of good options for the Compass. I've been pretty close to starting my own forum a couple of times but I just don't have that kind of dedication.

If you are down for the footwork maybe having a "head thread" in the owners forum and you can post links in it to other thread fragments in the other categories as you go. I know thats not having everything all in one place but the links to everything would be all together, you could just jeep editing the first post in the thread adding to it.

I think what I'm inclined to do when I really start doing jeep "projects" is keeping a blog of it on my own personal website and just linking to those posts here. Then if this whole bargain-bin forum goes belly up I don't lose time and effort invested here. Probably sounds like more work to the average person but I am a "website guy" so fairly easy peasy to me, and you have to think if you are really dedicated and putting together valuable information other people on the internet will want to see then you want that information to have a solid, stable home. I don't really even entirely trust youtube with something I worked really hard on like a long technical how-to, but its neither here nor there for me right now because I'm not going to get into much mods until my Compass is paid off and the warranty shot, and that assumes I don't upgrade to something better at some point along the way...
post #3 of 5 Old 12-30-2018, 04:53 PM

While this forum isn't as active as others I'm on, bad talking it won't solve anything. I'm new to jeep so i don't know how active mods are for models other than the wrangler.

That said, the new compass is here and there are people who are clearly looking to modify theirs. I'd blame the forum members before i blame the site. What irks me the most is when people don't put pics! The forum will become more active as more people start looking to do mods and as more aftermarket parts become available. In the meantime, those who make posts, INCLUDE PICS! That will help generate interest and in my opinion, limit the one post people.

Put links and info to parts you buy so others have something to reference. Don't wait for someone to ask for it. If you got new lights, post a pic of before and after along with the link to where you got the part. Same goes for any changes or upgrades. If the forum consists of mostly issues and complaints, people won't bother to come back.

If there were a forum that included the Compass, Renegade, and Cherokee, i think you'd see a lot more activity. (kinda obvious of course. but since some parts can be interchanged, more activity and inspiration might be had)

Currently in garage/driveway

2018 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4
2014 Ford Flex Limited
2006 Ford E350 XLT V10
1991 Nissan D21
1984 Chevy Monte Carlo
1981 Chevy El Camino
1974 Pontiac Catalina

Last edited by 6door74; 12-30-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-30-2018, 04:56 PM

If anyone does do their own blog, youtube channel, or whatever, post the link in your signature or with whatever post you might make about something you did. You'll get traffic to your site, people will have a visual of what you did/got, and you won't have to worry about the forum going bust or an issue like photobucket and losing pics.
arudlang likes this.

Currently in garage/driveway

2018 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4
2014 Ford Flex Limited
2006 Ford E350 XLT V10
1991 Nissan D21
1984 Chevy Monte Carlo
1981 Chevy El Camino
1974 Pontiac Catalina
post #5 of 5 Old 12-31-2018, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6door74 View Post
While this forum isn't as active as others I'm on, bad talking it won't solve anything. I'm new to jeep so i don't know how active mods are for models other than the wrangler.

That said, the new compass is here and there are people who are clearly looking to modify theirs. I'd blame the forum members before i blame the site. What irks me the most is when people don't put pics! The forum will become more active as more people start looking to do mods and as more aftermarket parts become available. In the meantime, those who make posts, INCLUDE PICS! That will help generate interest and in my opinion, limit the one post people.

Put links and info to parts you buy so others have something to reference. Don't wait for someone to ask for it. If you got new lights, post a pic of before and after along with the link to where you got the part. Same goes for any changes or upgrades. If the forum consists of mostly issues and complaints, people won't bother to come back.

If there were a forum that included the Compass, Renegade, and Cherokee, i think you'd see a lot more activity. (kinda obvious of course. but since some parts can be interchanged, more activity and inspiration might be had)
I agree since Renegade parts are really interchangeable. I mean Mopar gets my vin mixed up with renegade at times haha

Ok I will start things, wish I had full stock pics but ooooo well... If we get some more projects up maybe we can get some traction.

K

"Wannabe Blacked Out - Oscar" - 2017 Jeep Compass 2nd gen body "Latitude 4x4"
"The Black Castle - Cassie" - 2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 (Wife's Castle) Slight mods with lighting and head and tail lights

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in