I have a 2018 Compass and yes, you can manage that in the settings, but it doesn't work on mine. Correction: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. That would actually be a good slogan for their next ad campaign as that accurately describes so many things on my car! Must have been assembled on a Friday. 10 months after buying this car, FCA finally sent me a new car survey. I told them their survey was just about as annoying as my car so I sent them this list. They responded by asking me if I wanted their help in scheduling a service appointment. srsly???!!!!! #facepalm
1. The air conditioning was broke the very first time I tried to use it (May 2018--- I bought the car in March and its cold in March. I didn't need the AC until May and it didn't work). Each time I took it to the dealer, they "fixed" it, only to have it break again. This happened a total of THREE times
2. The rear passenger door, driver's side, locks but doesn't unlock when I turn off the car and open my door to exit. All doors unlock except this one. I have two kids. The 15yo sits up front, the 13yo sits behind me. And... even more interesting.... sometimes it unlocks.... sometimes it doesn't....sometimes the alarm goes off (more on that later)
3. The external button on the lift gate that you push to open it from the outside.... sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. Occasionally, I have to go back up to the front of cabin and push the button that is up by the lights / sunroof controls
4. Why would someone design controls for heated seats and steering wheel that can ONLY be accessed if you turn on the radio??? (because you have to turn on the radio for the screen to turn on so you can access the controls)
5. The SETTING MENU for the comfort controls (heated seats / heated steering wheel) has two options: one where you can have those comfort controls automatically come on when you either..... A: remote start the vehicle (or) B: all starts Of course mine doesn't work that way. I have it set to the "all starts" mode. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (are you sensing a pattern here)
6. I thought this car was supposed to have that feature that the doors automatically lock when you exit the car (after a period of time)
7. The alarm has gone off a few times and I have no idea why. when I parked and was leaving the vehicle. I can't remember all the details of exactly what happened but at least one of the times was when my sons door didn't unlock. very odd.
8. That feature that powers off when you stop at a traffic light or stop sign... that button that is located by the shifter, if you press it, the function is disabled (meaning: the car runs like a normal car without that annoying stop/start feature). Mine stopped working, which is fine, because its an annoying ridiculous feature. So, I no longer need to push that button. So, technically, something is malfunctioning right? So why doesn't it show up on the maintenance report? Its been broken for at least a couple months now. Shouldn't that be something that is noticed when the car is in for service? I thought they ran some type of diagnostic report when they service jeeps at jeep dealers?
1. I haven't had issue with the A/C not working yet but my automatic climate control does turn itself off and goes back to Lowest or Highest temperature setting.
2. When locking the car using the black lock button on the door handle, it only arms the car but doesn't lock so when I open the door, the horn would sound and won't shut off even with the remote control fob. Similarly, sometimes when you touch the door handle it unlocks the driver's door or sometimes all doors depending on the mood of the computer.
3. The rear hatch release works but after you push it twice. Once to tell it that you want to open the hatch and another to tell it that you really want to open the hatch!
4. I leave my radio on all the time and I also removed 3 icons on the bottom of the screen and replaced them with LEFT SEAT HEATER, RIGHT SEAT HEATER and STEERING WHEEL HEATER so I don't have to go 2 pages into the menu.
5. Seat heaters and steering wheel heater can be set to turn on with remote start and only if it's 40F or colder and remote start will only work if everything is in perfect condition.
6. When you unlock the door with the remote, it stays unlock. This is similar to many domestic vehicle. Only when you activate the remote start is when the door locks automatically.
7. Similar issue with number #2
8. No issue with auto start/stop yet but it only shuts down when cabin temperature is perfect or not park at an angle or batteries fully charged
Mine was probably assembled on Friday May 4th, 2018 just before Cinco de Mayo.
It's probably running on Windows Vista
Critical function not working --- RETRY, CANCEL or IGNORE