171 thousand 2nd Gen Compasses were sold in 2018 - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tripod

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 01-29-2019, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

171 thousand 2nd Gen Compasses were sold in 2018

Carsalesbase just updated their 2018 sales figures. It gives around 171k sales for Compass. So in total, with the 2017 sales, there probably is close to 200-250k Compasses on the road just in the US.

Jeep Compass US car sales figures

The reason why I am intrested in how many cars FCA sold is due to two things;

First, it will allow all of us to get better support from the manufacturer, as well as the the aftermarket parts, accessories and solutions.

Second, it shows many issues/problems we read about here is most likely are not that widespread. If any given problem was widespread as 1% of all users, there would have been 1700 cars just in the US with the given issue. Since people are more likely to complain about issues, the forum would have been flooded with it and it would have been all over the news. The fact that it is not, shows issues are less widespread and this is good news for people who have the issue because it also means it can be fixed. If it works for the vast majority of people, it means it it fixable (as it means it is not a design flaw).
fjroman2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-30-2019, 01:13 AM

Garage
BS I've read on this very forum that ever second gen compass is plagued and if it hasnt happened yet it will sooner than later whether it be 10k, 50k or 100k
post #3 of 7 Old 01-31-2019, 07:38 PM

Most people don't go on car forums. I just had to take my RAM in for service and won't you know it, about 4 Compasses on the lifts with about 6 more out in the parking lot waiting for service. Roads in Michigan aren't the greatest but they were in for busted sway bars and lack of oil in the crank cases (think the service advisor said all 2018's) just like I kept bringing mine in. Only one was in for something not related to sway bars and burning oil, it was to replace the auto start stop AUX battery and replace the radio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-31-2019, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeexelby View Post
Most people don't go on car forums. I just had to take my RAM in for service and won't you know it, about 4 Compasses on the lifts with about 6 more out in the parking lot waiting for service. Roads in Michigan aren't the greatest but they were in for busted sway bars and lack of oil in the crank cases (think the service advisor said all 2018's) just like I kept bringing mine in. Only one was in for something not related to sway bars and burning oil, it was to replace the auto start stop AUX battery and replace the radio.
Still, people are far far more likely to register to a car forum to complain than praise. This is not just cars, people are far more likely to complain about problems they encounter, because they discover forums while googling their problem. If you dont have any problems, you dont google and never find or need the forum. So for every car with an issue here, there are probably 100X, if not more, cars without the issue.

I mean the service we have hear dont have any pile of Compasses on its parking lot. And I live in a semi rural area which has a single FCA dealer in ~2 hour highway driving radius, so it is a relatively big one service with no alternatives. I drive next to it everyday, so I can see which cars are in for the service that day. I didn't see any unusual number of cars of any model, let that be Compass, Grand Cherokee, RAM, Renegade, etc.

That much of cars in line at your FCA service just makes me think that it is a incompetent service center that can fix stuff, so there is a line of cars to be fixed, refixed and refixed. I have been using my service department sine 2006 (after I got a 2006 grand cherokee) and to be honest I never had to take that car, or the compass, for the same issue twice. They have always been able to fix it in one go. There has been cases where they had to hold the car for some period of time and try various fixes if the first one didn't work, but they never gave back the car without making sure it was fixed. So, when I got the car, it was always fixed and I never basically had to "test drive" if their fix worked or not. I think a good service center is key to having a reliable car.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-31-2019, 11:35 PM

Garage
LMFAO right on queue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeexelby View Post
post #6 of 7 Old 01-31-2019, 11:41 PM

Garage
Terrible I say LMFAO

post #7 of 7 Old 02-02-2019, 02:14 AM

For those that wonder why build a SUV in between the Renegade and the Cherokee... Because it sells.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in