Auto Headlights, Automatic Headlight. - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 02-05-2019, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Auto Headlights, Automatic Headlight.

Hello I think it's possible to enable auto headlight but it would require to enable I think the twilight sensor.

Maybe it works if I add it.

The AlfaOBD shows on read systems informations that it reads when the headlight switch is in auto position. But it does not perform. In any condition. Probably its because the twilight sensor is not enabled. I heard from a journey forum that the sensor required is in the. Interior rear view mirror. (The one with auto dimming) has the sensor in the back as other forum stated. It may be possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190205-030952_AlfaOBD_1549384126971.jpg (62.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 20190205_004617_1549384165083.jpg (44.2 KB, 38 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-05-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Figueroa View Post
Hello I think it's possible to enable auto headlight but it would require to enable I think the twilight sensor.

The AlfaOBD shows on read systems informations that it reads when the headlight switch is in auto position. But it does not perform. In any condition. Probably its because the twilight sensor is not enabled. I heard from a journey forum that the sensor required is in the. Interior rear view mirror. (The one with auto dimming) has the sensor in the back as other forum stated. It may be possible.
I thought that sensor was for auto high-beams. So it turns the high-beams on in there are no cars in front in either direction and it turns them off if a car approaches or goes in front of you. I thought the auto light sensor is the dome like thing next to the central speaker on the console.

I can try to cover the sensor behind the mirror to see if it triggers lights turning on. I can do this for both sensors and will let you know.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-05-2019, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
Quote:

I thought that sensor was for auto high-beams. So it turns the high-beams on in there are no cars in front in either direction and it turns them off if a car approaches or goes in front of you. I thought the auto light sensor is the dome like thing next to the central speaker on the console.

I can try to cover the sensor behind the mirror to see if it triggers lights turning on. I can do this for both sensors and will let you know.
Remember to also cover up the dash sensor. I think it requires both sensors so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-14-2019, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

So I went ahead and activate the twilight sensor. And now my headlights if I leave it in the auto position turn off when the vehicle is off and on when the vehicles is on. I think it's missing the necessary sensor or maybe other configuration to make the auto headlights work how they should.

But for now they turn on and off with the ignition. If the switch is left to the auto position.

But indeed the sensor or required hardware. It's missing or maybe the correct setting. I also went to the dealership and saw 2-3 latitude with the normal mirror. So the mirror is not needed.
post #5 of 7 Old 02-14-2019, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Also this option appeared in my radio.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190214_175313_1550181265126.jpg (37.9 KB, 33 views)
post #6 of 7 Old 02-16-2019, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Does anyone have an idea of where the HVAC Module is located?

Apparently I need to attach the sunoad sensor. But the wiring is not on the sensor location. Apparently Chrysler tucks away the cable. And I need to know where is the module so I can track the cable location. And route it to where it's supposed to be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190215_122448_1550279571052.jpg (27.7 KB, 26 views)
post #7 of 7 Old 07-31-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
So I went ahead and activate the twilight sensor. And now my headlights if I leave it in the auto position turn off when the vehicle is off and on when the vehicles is on. I think it's missing the necessary sensor or maybe other configuration to make the auto headlights work how they should.

But for now they turn on and off with the ignition. If the switch is left to the auto position.

But indeed the sensor or required hardware. It's missing or maybe the correct setting. I also went to the dealership and saw 2-3 latitude with the normal mirror. So the mirror is not needed.
Jaime,
I asked a dealership electrician today about the modifications and sensors needed for the Auto-headlight feature. He told me that the sensor for this feature in MP Compass is the infrared sensor for the rain sensor (auto-wipers), located on the box on the windshield behind the rearview mirror. So, to have this feature you need to install the rain sensor in your windshield.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in