Windshield question - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 03-05-2019, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Question Windshield question

I am wondering if something is wrong with the windshield of my 2018 Compass. At night, when I drive it under a streetlight, it looks like there are scratches on the windshield. You can't see the "scratches" when there is no light shining through the windshield. When the windshield is fogged up, it looks like there is a spider web or a stained glass window pattern on the windshield. I tried taking a photo of it with my phone but it didn't work. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is this a problem? Thanks!

I'm a Jeep girl:
2018 Jeep Compass
2014 Jeep Compass
2010 Jeep Patriot
2005 Jeep Liberty
2004 Jeep Liberty
Dad drove a Jeep in WWII - RIP PFC Lewis E. Kathriner 1919-1980
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-05-2019, 02:20 AM

Location: Two locations in NH: One near Concord, the other at the 45th.

Sometimes frost leaves a spider-web pattern on the windshield even after the defroster melts it away. There is still a faint trace. You'll probably notice it more when its frosted and its almost invisible when the frost is gone, but it will return next time it gets cold. If you thoroughly wash your windshield it will go away, but it will be replaced by a different pattern next time you get frost.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-05-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611Diane View Post
I am wondering if something is wrong with the windshield of my 2018 Compass. At night, when I drive it under a streetlight, it looks like there are scratches on the windshield. You can't see the "scratches" when there is no light shining through the windshield. When the windshield is fogged up, it looks like there is a spider web or a stained glass window pattern on the windshield. I tried taking a photo of it with my phone but it didn't work. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is this a problem? Thanks!
I have seen this happening to people who use hot water to remove ice from their windshield in the morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-06-2019, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
I have seen this happening to people who use hot water to remove ice from their windshield in the morning.
I have never allowed hot water to hit my Jeep's windshield. The only liquids that have touched the windshield are wiper fluid and car wash soap and then a water rinse.

I've never had a Jeep windshield do this before and I have had 4 other Jeeps besides my current one. I'm just hoping that the windshield doesn't need to be replaced and it's not a defect of some kind. When we had the Patriot, we had a rock chip the windshield and it had to eventually be replaced. The replacement (not OEM) cracked a month later and since the crack wasn't too bad, I just traded it in with the crack in the windshield.

I'm a Jeep girl:
2018 Jeep Compass
2014 Jeep Compass
2010 Jeep Patriot
2005 Jeep Liberty
2004 Jeep Liberty
Dad drove a Jeep in WWII - RIP PFC Lewis E. Kathriner 1919-1980
post #5 of 5 Old 05-27-2019, 02:59 PM

Do you have inner solar tint? If you clean it with sponges it may damage the plastic.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in