Horn Sounds "3" Times (When locking doors!) - Jeep Compass Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 03-20-2019, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
10-64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box
Posts: 217
 
Garage
Horn Sounds "3" Times (When locking doors!)

Occasionally when I'm locking the vehicle up, using the "black" button on the driver's door handle, the horn will sound "3" times, not "once" indicating to me that the vehicle is locked.

I've discovered that if it honks "3" times that the doors are still UNLOCKED, yet the vehicle is armed/alarmed!

What causes this? I want to lock and alarm the vehicle, using the black button on the drivers door, yet sometimes, not always, it will "honk" once, and sometimes it will "honk THREE times.

WTF is with that? Electrical issue as well?

@JeepCares ....................Comments?
10-64 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 03-20-2019, 09:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 139
 
The three times is indicating that a door is still open. You'll also be getting a rapid flash of the turn signal lights as well. It's basically telling you to check all the doors and try again.
Wolfy is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 03-20-2019, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
10-64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box
Posts: 217
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
The three times is indicating that a door is still open. You'll also be getting a rapid flash of the turn signal lights as well. It's basically telling you to check all the doors and try again.
Yes, but why is it happening???

All the doors are closed and I'm pressing the black button on the drivers door. (No doors are open, or partially open)

I'm thinking more electrical gremlins????
10-64 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 Old 03-21-2019, 03:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 47
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
Yes, but why is it happening???

All the doors are closed and I'm pressing the black button on the drivers door. (No doors are open, or partially open)

I'm thinking more electrical gremlins????
It's likely something wrong with the latch or sensor. I'd take it in and have the dealer check it over.
moira2 is online now  
post #5 of 10 Old 03-21-2019, 05:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 360
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
Occasionally when I'm locking the vehicle up, using the "black" button on the driver's door handle, the horn will sound "3" times, not "once" indicating to me that the vehicle is locked.

I've discovered that if it honks "3" times that the doors are still UNLOCKED, yet the vehicle is armed/alarmed!

What causes this? I want to lock and alarm the vehicle, using the black button on the drivers door, yet sometimes, not always, it will "honk" once, and sometimes it will "honk THREE times.

WTF is with that? Electrical issue as well?

@JeepCares ....................Comments?
Hi 10-64,
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Have you had the opportunity to have this concern addressed by your dealer? If you would like some additional assistance, please send us a private message.
Alex
Jeep Social Care Specialist
JeepCares is online now  
post #6 of 10 Old 03-21-2019, 07:32 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2
 
I've had this happen when I leave a key fob inside the car. It might also happen if the fob is very close to being inside the car.
mja492 is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 03-22-2019, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
10-64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box
Posts: 217
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja492 View Post
I've had this happen when I leave a key fob inside the car. It might also happen if the fob is very close to being inside the car.
It would be close! I'm standing at the door to lock it, and the fob would be in my pocket!
I guess I can't get any closer than that, LOL

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
10-64 is online now  
post #8 of 10 Old 03-22-2019, 08:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 139
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
Yes, but why is it happening???

All the doors are closed and I'm pressing the black button on the drivers door. (No doors are open, or partially open)

I'm thinking more electrical gremlins????
Sounds like a switch is out of adjustment someplace.
Wolfy is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 03-22-2019, 08:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 139
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
It would be close! I'm standing at the door to lock it, and the fob would be in my pocket!
I guess I can't get any closer than that, LOL

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
That wouldn't cause a false fob in car error. Mine is always in my pocket, and I lock mine all the time. with the rubber button on the door.
Wolfy is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 03-26-2019, 07:05 PM
Toy
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 41
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
I guess I can't get any closer than that, LOL
That might be the point. Every keyless lock system is „allowed“ to have a tolerance zone, where the detection fob in or out may fail. Just moving the fob away one inch or two from the car should clear the situation.

Compass Limited CRD, MY18, Pearl White, Leather Black, uConnect 8.4Nav & Beats Audio

——————————-
German Jeep Forum for new Jeeps from MY14 and up:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Toy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Horn no blow PAJeep Repairs - Electrical problems and questions 2 02-27-2014 07:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome