Uconnect volumr - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 03-25-2019, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Uconnect volumr

How can I get my text message/alerts to STAY AT THE SAME VOLUME??? It's driving me insane. I get the crap scared out of me by the auto set volume of 15, adjust it down to about 4 where it's tolerable, the next text or notification that comes in is back to 15. It's asinine that's literally my biggest issue I've had with my trailhawk since I bought it last year. I can't find any setting to keep the volume where it's been set PERMANENTLY

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-25-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner5777j View Post
How can I get my text message/alerts to STAY AT THE SAME VOLUME??? It's driving me insane. I get the crap scared out of me by the auto set volume of 15, adjust it down to about 4 where it's tolerable, the next text or notification that comes in is back to 15. It's asinine that's literally my biggest issue I've had with my trailhawk since I bought it last year. I can't find any setting to keep the volume where it's been set PERMANENTLY

You need to adjust the volume while text message/alert is playing. Otherwise, you just turn down the radio volume. Volume of the radio and alerts etc. are independently controlled.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-25-2019, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

I know, that's what I meant when I said I adjust them to a decent level. The very next text/alert comes in at the original 15 volume. It never stays the same, unlike when I adjust the volume for the navigation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-26-2019, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Bump

post #5 of 7 Old 03-31-2019, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

ANYONE

post #6 of 7 Old 03-31-2019, 06:41 PM

Try pressing the voice control button on the steering wheel and while she's speaking adjust the volume.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-28-2019, 01:36 PM

Garage
I turned my incoming text message notifications off and wiped the contacts from the uconnect memory so the vehicle doesn’t even say “Incoming call from ****, press uconnect phone button to answer.” I was so annoyed with that until I figured out how to get rid of it. Press the voice button and say setup > Bluetooth device pairing > delete device > ALL. then set up your phone again as new and TURN OFF DEVICE CONTACT SYNCING. Uconnect won’t alert you if it doesn’t know who’s calling. And you can turn off the incoming text message notifications in the same way by navigating through settings vocally. So far my Jeep just plays my ringtone over the speakers when I get a call with no uconnect voice interruption. Hope this helps and Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in