4Likes
  • 1 Post By 10-64
  • 1 Post By 10-64
  • 1 Post By NM_Compass
  • 1 Post By Compass2ndgenguy

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 05-12-2019, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Speed sensitive auto door lock disable

Can anyone tell me what the procedure is to disable the auto locking door function? I find it very annoying and it scares my passengers sometimes. I can lock the doors myself. My Compass is a 2018 Trailhawk

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-12-2019, 02:05 PM

Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box

Garage
Seriously, it scares the passengers???

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Tripod likes this.
post #3 of 15 Old 05-12-2019, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Haha, yes, one of my wife's friends. Seriously it can sound like a gun shot when they all lock at once and your not ready for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 05-12-2019, 02:14 PM

Garage
I'd never disable what I considered to be a safety feature by having all the doors lock, if it scared only one person. Suck it up buttercup!

mdram4x4 likes this.
post #5 of 15 Old 05-12-2019, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for your input on what you would do. Hopefully someone will reply with an answer to my question.
dragani328 likes this.
post #6 of 15 Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Researched online but found nothing out there that was helpful. One could look into identifying if this auto lock feature is tied to a fuse and if so pull it - at ones own risk of course. This is more effort than necessary imo - a quick flip of a switch would be ideal but that is not an option in these jeeps.
post #7 of 15 Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM

Garage
I have never heard anyone being scared by this, and saying it sounds like a gunshot is a little "much". Just saying... you could just tell us you don't like it...

I agree above with ^^^^^^ Dragani32. Your only option at this point is maybe finding the auto lock fuse. I am sure the fuse you pull with does other things besides just the auto locks. Be careful with this and I would suggest you do the easier route just get used to the auto lock feature. Maybe go shoot some real guns for comparsion to the noise? I do not know at this point. ッ\_(ツ)_/ッ
10-64 likes this.

"Wannabe Blacked Out - Oscar" - 2017 Jeep Compass 2nd gen body "Latitude 4x4"
"The Black Castle - Cassie" - 2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 (Wife's Castle) Slight mods with lighting and head and tail lights
post #8 of 15 Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM

Garage
If you pull the fuse, what else do you disable?
Also, I doubt the door locks would work at all then. You'd have to lock and unlock all the doors manually, at each door.
So much for using your key fob to lock the doors when you get out of the car, or to unlock the car when you approach it.
Would the remote start work? It automatically locks all the doors when you use it
To me, this is the most ridiculous thread I've ever read on here, just sayin.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and that's just mine. Said it before, I'll say it again, "Suck it up"

post #9 of 15 Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compass2ndgenguy View Post
I have never heard anyone being scared by this, and saying it sounds like a gunshot is a little "much". Just saying... you could just tell us you don't like it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM_Compass View Post
Haha, yes, one of my wife's friends. Seriously it can sound like a gun shot when they all lock at once and your not ready for it.
I 100% agree, every person that had ridden in ours says the exact same thing. I don't drive the car that much and when I do, it still catches me off guard, its really annoying.

stock 2018 Compass Sport 2wd Jazz Blue Appearance and Tech. Package
post #10 of 15 Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCsport View Post
I don't drive the car that much and when I do, it still catches me off guard, its really annoying.
I'm confused. Have you guys "never" owned, or driven a vehicle, where the doors automatically lock when the vehicle is underway?

This is so natural to me. My car's have been doing this since 1978. I don't even hear them do it anymore.

I'd never own a car now that didn't do this. To me it's just another added safety feature, sorry.

I'll try to stay silent on this now

post #11 of 15 Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM

Garage
lock them before you start moving?

2018 Compass Latitude
post #12 of 15 Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
I'm confused. Have you guys "never" owned, or driven a vehicle, where the doors automatically lock when the vehicle is underway?

This is so natural to me. My car's have been doing this since 1978. I don't even hear them do it anymore.

I'd never own a car now that didn't do this. To me it's just another added safety feature, sorry.

I'll try to stay silent on this now

yes, most all of our past and current vehicles have the auto lock, which is an awesome safety feature and I would never try to disable it. I should say its the sound that's very LOUD and annoying no matter manual or auto. maybe the linkages are missing some lithium grease to quiet down the movement? or maybe when it hits/makes contact with the stop position, its missing a rubber cushion to dampen the sound ?

stock 2018 Compass Sport 2wd Jazz Blue Appearance and Tech. Package

Last edited by NewCsport; Yesterday at 05:06 PM.
post #13 of 15 Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM_Compass View Post
Seriously it can sound like a gun shot when they all lock at once.
Oh how I wish I could get my door locks to sound like this when they "lock"..................

post #14 of 15 Old Today, 07:50 AM
Toy

The question is: Any other Jeep model offers an enable/disable option in the uConnect menu, why not the Compass? All Compass delivered to Europe come with auto lock disabled and a lot of owners would like to enable it. The first issued user manual showed this option, but two years later, it never made it to the car. I would say, it痴 an easy job, to offer this option via software update to all customers.

Compass Limited CRD, MY18, Pearl White, Leather Black, uConnect 8.4Nav & Beats Audio

覧覧覧覧覧-
German Jeep Forum for new Jeeps from MY14 and up:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 15 Old Today, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-64 View Post
If you pull the fuse, what else do you disable?
Also, I doubt the door locks would work at all then. You'd have to lock and unlock all the doors manually, at each door.
So much for using your key fob to lock the doors when you get out of the car, or to unlock the car when you approach it.
Would the remote start work? It automatically locks all the doors when you use it
To me, this is the most ridiculous thread I've ever read on here, just sayin.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and that's just mine. Said it before, I'll say it again, "Suck it up"

lol! Ridiculous or not, it's good to post questions on all levels - even your feedback has added value with good points made. Not all members here share the same knowledge base.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in