My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Speed sensitive auto door lock disable

9K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  dragani328 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the procedure is to disable the auto locking door function? I find it very annoying and it scares my passengers sometimes. I can lock the doors myself. My Compass is a 2018 Trailhawk

Thanks

#6 ·
I was wondering the same thing. Researched online but found nothing out there that was helpful. One could look into identifying if this auto lock feature is tied to a fuse and if so pull it - at ones own risk of course. This is more effort than necessary imo - a quick flip of a switch would be ideal but that is not an option in these jeeps.

#7 ·
I have never heard anyone being scared by this, and saying it sounds like a gunshot is a little "much". Just saying... you could just tell us you don't like it...

I agree above with ^^^^^^ Dragani32. Your only option at this point is maybe finding the auto lock fuse. I am sure the fuse you pull with does other things besides just the auto locks. Be careful with this and I would suggest you do the easier route just get used to the auto lock feature. Maybe go shoot some real guns for comparsion to the noise? I do not know at this point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: 10-64
#9 ·
I have never heard anyone being scared by this, and saying it sounds like a gunshot is a little "much". Just saying... you could just tell us you don't like it...
Haha, yes, one of my wife's friends. Seriously it can sound like a gun shot when they all lock at once and your not ready for it.
I 100% agree, every person that had ridden in ours says the exact same thing. I don't drive the car that much and when I do, it still catches me off guard, its really annoying.

#8 ·
If you pull the fuse, what else do you disable?
Also, I doubt the door locks would work at all then. You'd have to lock and unlock all the doors manually, at each door.
So much for using your key fob to lock the doors when you get out of the car, or to unlock the car when you approach it.
Would the remote start work? It automatically locks all the doors when you use it
To me, this is the most ridiculous thread I've ever read on here, just sayin.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and that's just mine. Said it before, I'll say it again, "Suck it up"

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

#14 ·
The question is: Any other Jeep model offers an enable/disable option in the uConnect menu, why not the Compass? All Compass delivered to Europe come with auto lock disabled and a lot of owners would like to enable it. The first issued user manual showed this option, but two years later, it never made it to the car. I would say, it’s an easy job, to offer this option via software update to all customers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.