My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Disable passive entry with 7" Uconnect?

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  meepmeep 
#1 ·
Is it possible to disable passive entry on the Uconnect 4 (7" screen)? The 2019 manual only lists that as an option for the Uconnect 4C (8.4"), but I've got a 7" coming and I'd really like to be able to disable it, since people can spoof fobs with a retransmitter. It'd be awesome if someone with a 7" could check the Doors & Locks menu.

#3 ·
It's less of a spoof and more of a relay, as I understand it. One person stands by the car with device 1, which captures the signal the car outputs when checking for a fob nearby. That signal is sent to device 2, which is brought close to the fob (front door of house, for example), and retransmits the car's signal, then captures the fob's response. That response is sent to device 1, which retransmits it to the car, and open sesame.

Still wondering about disabling passive entry altogether...

#6 · (Edited)
Or they can just break the window and get in, it is a lot easier to do anyways. They cant start the car in either case (let that be with a transmitter or breaking the window) since it requires the physical presence of the FOB, but your concern seems to be about them breaking-in into the car, not stealing it.

#7 ·
For the record, yes, you can disable passive entry from the 7" Uconnect. Tried it at the dealer.

Also, the 7" Uconnect has occasional lag, sits there for a second after you press a button, twiddling its thumbs.

Also, Toluca has terrible quality control -- the rearview mirror mount came with an inch+ wide bubble visible in the adhesive from the front of the car. Anyone even remotely interested in inspecting the car would have noticed it. I guess they don't care. If that's the quality of the right-up-in-your-face components, who knows what's going on under the hood or in the suspension.

I got my deposit back and I'm off to look for another brand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.