• 1 Post By Bryan
  • 1 Post By Jasmine
  • 1 Post By Bryan
  • 1 Post By mikeexplorer
  • 1 Post By Tripod
  • 1 Post By Jasmine

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 06-28-2019, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Location: Two locations in NH: One near Concord, the other at the 45th.

Alas poor Jasmine

My dear little Jasmine came to an ignominious end when another driver drove into us. Totaled. On the bright side, no one was seriously hurt, only some nasty bruises. I'm amazed at the technology behind all those airbags, and I've got to say I believe these vehicles are safe.

While I've complained about the oil consumption, I've otherwise liked this vehicle. She was just starting to develop a personality. Will I buy another Compass? We shall see -- largely depends on what the insurance company pays out.

Regardless, I'll still be checking in here once in a while.

Last edited by Jasmine; 06-28-2019 at 02:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-28-2019, 02:34 AM

Garage
Sorry to hear this. The important thing is that you are OK.
Jasmine likes this.
post #3 of 13 Old 06-28-2019, 03:44 AM

Garage
glad you ok! wish we could buy some parts off the wreck but alast...

Hope the insurance company does right by you and you guys are not at the end of this holding a pile of ruined metal not money to get somthing new
Jasmine likes this.

"Wannabe Blacked Out - Oscar" - 2017 Jeep Compass 2nd gen body "Latitude 4x4"
"The Black Castle - Cassie" - 2014 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 (Wife's Castle) Slight mods with lighting and head and tail lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 06-28-2019, 12:24 PM

sorry to hear about the accident and most importantly no one was seriously hurt. glad to know all 8(?) airbags did their job. hope it all works out for the best
Jasmine likes this.

stock 2018 Compass Sport 2wd Jazz Blue Appearance and Tech. Package
post #5 of 13 Old 06-28-2019, 02:38 PM

Happy to hear the airbags work and that no one was hurt!

I wonder what I would do if I were in your shoes... My wife and I tend towards the "better the devil you know" attitude, but if our little devil was wiped out in an accident I'd have to think long and hard before seeking out another of the same type...

We've bounced off the limits of the capabilities of our Compass ever since we got it, likely we would take the opportunity to step up to something larger if we could swing it. Honda Passport or Chevy Blazer RS, likely, as these options were not on the table back when we bought our Compass.

Will be interested to hear what you decide to do (and why). Surely a prime feather in the cap of owning a Compass is the continued active membership here on this fine cesspool of a forum
Jasmine likes this.
post #6 of 13 Old 06-28-2019, 08:09 PM

Glad you're OK. Let us know what you end up purchasing.
Jasmine likes this.
post #7 of 13 Old 06-28-2019, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for your good wishes.

The amazing thing is the damage doesn't look all that bad. The expense is all those airbags: everything up front plus the right side airbags. Really our bumps and bruises are all from the airbags. We both got it pretty bad in the legs, and I got a mark on my arm probably from the steering wheel airbag. This thing will be a wealth of parts in a junkyard.

On the other hand, if they fixed it up I'd still be concerned that the airbags might not be done right and God forbid I had another collision would they work?

It is a 2018 with 40,000 miles on it and got about $3000 more than I owed on it -- basically a down payment for another. This is probably the first time in my life I'm not eager to go car shopping. I'd hoped to get 10 years out of it. Barely got one.
arudlang likes this.
post #8 of 13 Old 06-29-2019, 07:24 PM

Just wondering did your Compass have a spare tire? I called a few junk yards in my area without any luck. Im still mad at myself for not making that part of the deal when I bought it.
Jasmine likes this.
post #9 of 13 Old 06-30-2019, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Just wondering did your Compass have a spare tire? I called a few junk yards in my area without any luck. Im still mad at myself for not making that part of the deal when I bought it.
No, it did not. I appreciate your frustration. If I buy another Compass it will have a spare. I'm thinking of getting the tow package and a spare comes with that package.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-30-2019, 09:39 AM

Garage
Glad to hear you are ok.
Jasmine likes this.
post #11 of 13 Old 06-30-2019, 05:08 PM

I hope everything turns out fine. The important thing is you are okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jasmine likes this.
post #12 of 13 Old 07-01-2019, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Thank you all for your condolences on my loss.

Today will be a day of insurance paperwork, cleaning her out of all the "stuff" I carry around with me, and then reluctantly car-shopping. Since we're approaching the end of the model year I'm considering toughing it out for awhile and ordering something new from the factory just the way I want it, even if I have to wait. I don't want to just buying something off the lot that's loaded with options I don't want and lacking those that I do.
arudlang likes this.
post #13 of 13 Old 07-01-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Thank you all for your condolences on my loss.

Today will be a day of insurance paperwork, cleaning her out of all the "stuff" I carry around with me, and then reluctantly car-shopping. Since we're approaching the end of the model year I'm considering toughing it out for awhile and ordering something new from the factory just the way I want it, even if I have to wait. I don't want to just buying something off the lot that's loaded with options I don't want and lacking those that I do.

Glad to hear that youíre ok ... thatís what I did with my Ď18 Limited... I built it and started looking a dealerships around the country that had exactly what I wanted because I was in a similar situation needing a new one after an accident.

Finally found her in Glen Mills, PA (Philly) and flew in and drove her back .... she is missing zero options.

She has them all lol

Good luck with your search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in