My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Steering Wheel channel changer

5K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  RogerM 
#1 ·
is there a way to change channels (using Sirius XM) via the steering wheel to flip from preset to preset rather than just tuning (going up/down one channel)? I know I can touch the screen to select my preset channel, but that would require me to divert my eyes from the road. not sure if there is a setting in the Uconnect that can change this.

thanks!

#2 ·
is there a way to change channels (using Sirius XM) via the steering wheel to flip from preset to preset rather than just tuning (going up/down one channel)? I know I can touch the screen to select my preset channel, but that would require me to divert my eyes from the road. not sure if there is a setting in the Uconnect that can change this.

thanks!
On the back side of the steering wheel........ Left buttons change channels, right button changes volume. Toggle up and down.
Pressing changes the modes
It should be covered in the owners manual

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

#3 ·
i'm aware that the left button changes channels, but I don't want to move just one dial up or down, I want to skip to my next preset channel. for example, when tuned in to Sirius XM, I have my presets set to 8, 9, 25, 34, 37, and 43. If I'm currently listening to preset #3 (channel 25) and want to jump to preset #4 (channel 34), I don't want to have to press the up button nine times, I just want to press it once.
basically, I'd like to toggle through the preset channels, not ALL of the channels.

#4 ·
Just press it, don't toggle then.
I'm not in my car ATM, so I'm trying to remember what I do.
Check your owner's manual.
I can toggle from preset to preset using the buttons on the back of the steering wheel.
It does work!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I found a way around my problem, that work for me on my Jeep Compass, not the best solution but it works.

Using the control buttons on the left front of the steering wheel, when I select the radio sub-menu in the center of the information cluster display (digital cluster display), if I then use the left and right arrow keys of those same control buttons (on the front) it will change between presets channels and also I can go left or right instead of only one direction.

The drawback is that even I continue to see speed on the upper part of the screen and rest of information on the sides, what ever I have in the middle of the screen (be it tachometer or Active Driving Assist or any other sub-menu or digital gauge) can´t be seeing while on that radio mode.

#11 ·
One additional comment, I don´t understand how I could not find in any Jeep manual the solution I explain above that work for me. Is there a manual for all the settings of the information cluster display or what ever the correct name of that main display behind the steering wheel?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.