Autolocking doors? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old Yesterday, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Autolocking doors?

My compass is a sport and has very few options. One of the things it has that I wish it didn't was push button start. In every vehicle I've had before this, I was very good about locking the doors. I would take the key out of the ignition, get out, lock the doors, and then put the key in my pocket. For some reason, since I never take the key out of my pocket, I'm constantly forgetting to lock it. I live in the city, so this is very bad. I know the car is aware when the key leaves the vehicle. It tells you on the dash if I leave the car running because I have a passenger waiting in the car while I run inside.

My question is twofold: 1) Did any trim level have auto locking doors (doors that lock when the key goes out of range) 2) is this something that can be enabled through software with (the name escapes me, but the software and special cables that are popular on this forum)?

Thanks.

2018 Sport 6 speed stick!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayInStl View Post
My compass is a sport and has very few options. One of the things it has that I wish it didn't was push button start. In every vehicle I've had before this, I was very good about locking the doors. I would take the key out of the ignition, get out, lock the doors, and then put the key in my pocket. For some reason, since I never take the key out of my pocket, I'm constantly forgetting to lock it. I live in the city, so this is very bad. I know the car is aware when the key leaves the vehicle. It tells you on the dash if I leave the car running because I have a passenger waiting in the car while I run inside.

My question is twofold: 1) Did any trim level have auto locking doors (doors that lock when the key goes out of range) 2) is this something that can be enabled through software with (the name escapes me, but the software and special cables that are popular on this forum)?

Thanks.
Cars with "proximity keyless" package (or whatever its name is) can have the doors locked by pressing a button on the door handle. I dont know if it will lock if you leave. If your unlock the car but dont open the door for 1-2 mins, it relocks the car.
post #3 of 4 Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM

I had this problem with forgetting to lock the doors. My solution was I started locking them from the trunk. Now every time I get out I subconsciously walk there and remember to lock it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old Today, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

I guess I'll have to find a way to get myself in a habit. The odd thing is I had a Dodge Ram that I instinctively hit the lock button on the door as I got out. It didn't even have a fob. Maybe I can get myself back into that habit.

2018 Sport 6 speed stick!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in