My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Lemon Law and Buy Back How it Works?

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  TrailHawk-Diehard 
#1 ·
Well Jeep saying that part is not available and may not be for a long time... they are offering lemon law option buy back in 10 days.

I wanted to know if anyone has gone down this road? Compass fully loaded just did full tint all around and ceramic pro gold and mud flaps and side step full extended warranty etc...

Not sure if I will lose money on this of not.

Parts issue is because of the sale of the parts division:Magneti Marelli to Japanese and now they have no parts and are in the process of sourcing new vendor.

So this really sucks.

Hopefully someone her can steer me in the right direction on the buy back.

Thanks everyone.

#3 ·
You will not get reembursed for any add ons such as tint/ceramic coating... You will be charged depreciation for mileage and other factors. So in the end ou May lose $$...
As for removing the assy from another Jeep the ones on the lot no longer belong to FCA they belong to the individual dealer. The dealership will NOT 0ut another Jeep down and lose $$ on an possible sale to get FCA out of a jam.

#5 ·
Well thats a huge fail on FCA's part on the parts availability, but that goes without saying.

I guess in that case I would begrudgingly allow my dealer to try to source from a parts salvage supplier. There must be dozens of totaled Compasses in salvage yards by now that were massively rear-ended or whatever, get the part pulled from one of those maybe. Not a great solution but then again how long will they let you run the loaner? When mine was in the shop two weeks waiting on parts I was having a blast with the 300 Sport they loaned me so I said "just take all the time you need" grin:

#6 ·
Same here on the loaner Jeep Grand Cherokee -- they told me all will be covered until fixed or replaced.

As to junk yard I asked by the way too much liability for them to take and if something happens they are all F'd

In regards to parts aspect you are right make me think they are probably ok with 2019 and up on parts with new source but now have to source a vendor for major parts on older cars.... crazy

To me that would mean you would have to go to a breaker to source parts but anyone with warranty is screwed and in the same boat as I .....

Makes you think.

#7 ·
try to see if the dealer will help you first.

i bought a compass with no sunroof with the promise (in writing and I paid for it) that they could install one. long story short, it would have to be a 3rd party (and only a small one, not the full panoramic). I told them the next day I wanted to return the car. they decided to make it right and allowed me to return the car and got the exact car I wanted from another dealership.

them going the extra mile on that (even though it was a shallow promise) resonated very well with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.