SiriusXM Satellite Mountings - Jeep Compass Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By arudlang
  • 1 Post By Baja-D
  • 1 Post By pj84411

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 09-20-2019, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

SiriusXM Satellite Mountings

Hey guys. I'm curious to know how and where you put your satellite units inside the Jeep. I've been trying to figure out what the best place is. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 09-20-2019, 02:14 PM

Not to be a troll but just buy one with SXM built in! There is virtually no good place to mount anything extra in this car!
10-64 likes this.
post #3 of 15 Old 09-20-2019, 05:12 PM

Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box

Garage
Mine came with built in SiriusXM.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 09-20-2019, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

I thought about it but seems like a giant pain
post #5 of 15 Old 09-20-2019, 05:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj84411 View Post
seems like a pain to buy a car with SiriusXM already built in? my understanding is that they're standard now. did you already get yours or are looking to buy?
post #6 of 15 Old 09-20-2019, 05:58 PM

Location: Region of Waterloo, Ontario - Home of the Blackberry & the Blue Box

Garage
Quote:
What? A "giant pain" to buy a Jeep that already has SiriusXM built into the radio?

That's a "no brainer".

I guess it's too late now for you, so you'll have to find someplace to put it, and I don't think it will look very good.

Just my 2

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
post #7 of 15 Old 09-20-2019, 06:55 PM

Sorry pj I seem to have kicked off a train of unhelpful responses. I seriously thought the 2nd gens all came with SXM these days (even the 5 inch radios), but maybe not. Anyways, I've looked around the dash before to try to find a good place for a dedicated standalone GPS or phone mount and its slim pickings, like the dash is full there is hardly anywhere you can put anything that doesn't block either some buttons, part of the screen, or vent airflow.

Android auto updated recently and it just occurred to me, why doesn't SXM have an android-auto compatible app like Spotify? If you have android auto that would do the trick if SXM would update their app to be AA-compat.
post #8 of 15 Old 09-20-2019, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
Sorry pj I seem to have kicked off a train of unhelpful responses. I seriously thought the 2nd gens all came with SXM these days (even the 5 inch radios), but maybe not. Anyways, I've looked around the dash before to try to find a good place for a dedicated standalone GPS or phone mount and its slim pickings, like the dash is full there is hardly anywhere you can put anything that doesn't block either some buttons, part of the screen, or vent airflow.

Android auto updated recently and it just occurred to me, why doesn't SXM have an android-auto compatible app like Spotify? If you have android auto that would do the trick if SXM would update their app to be AA-compat.
It's ok. I have the standard 5" garbage. I just wondered if anyone figured out anything creative. I have the app on my iPhone and it's fine (and does work great with Car Play) but I hate scrolling thru the phone while driving.
post #9 of 15 Old 09-20-2019, 09:21 PM

Back before Sirius or XM was from the factory I would put them in my vehicles. Here is a picture of an old Roady 2 temporarily velcro attached to the Compass drivers visor. Easy to see and operate and not too bad to install. Works thru the FM radio however.

Baja-D
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XM Roady 2.jpg (32.5 KB, 11 views)
arudlang likes this.

2019 Jeep Compass Sport FWD,
2.4L I4 M-Air Engine,
6 Speed Automatic Transmission,
Sport Appearance Group,
Technology Group,
Compact Spare Tire.
post #10 of 15 Old 09-20-2019, 09:30 PM

Garage
Not standard, I assumed that as the past 2 jeeps had it that i bought new. This 2018 not so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jco23 View Post
seems like a pain to buy a car with SiriusXM already built in? my understanding is that they're standard now. did you already get yours or are looking to buy?
post #11 of 15 Old 09-20-2019, 10:01 PM

Optional on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jco23 View Post
For my MY 2019 Compass Sport model it was in the option called "Technology Group". However it also came with the Uconnect4 and the 7 inch display as standard for 2019. I think the old 5 inch display went away in 2019.

Baja-D

2.4L I4 M-Air Engine,
Sport Appearance Group,
Technology Group,
Compact Spare Tire.
post #12 of 15 Old 09-21-2019, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja-D View Post
For my MY 2019 Compass Sport model it was in the option called "Technology Group". However it also came with the Uconnect4 and the 7 inch display as standard for 2019. I think the old 5 inch display went away in 2019.

Baja-D
Figures. I looked at every important factor in buying a vehicle - except the radio because I assumed it would have all this! My2012 base Cruze even had satellite.
84z28 likes this.
post #13 of 15 Old 09-21-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Figures. I looked at every important factor in buying a vehicle - except the radio because I assumed it would have all this! My2012 base Cruze even had satellite.
The Sirius/XM satellite channels are convenient when built in however if I hear "5 o'clock Somewhere" one more time I am going postal (just kidding FBI). I usually do not renew when the free year is up and just use Pandora thru the phone to get more custom selections and variety. Amazingly Sirius/XM sends me special really low cost deals after a few months.

Baja-D

2.4L I4 M-Air Engine,
Sport Appearance Group,
Technology Group,
Compact Spare Tire.
post #14 of 15 Old 09-22-2019, 12:38 AM

Garage
My Compass also did not come with Sirius/XM. I did some research and found that this one looks the best:
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-wKe7Ir...1/XM-Snap.html. Its called the XM Snap. You can find them pretty cheap on eBay and they still work with a modern subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #15 of 15 Old 09-22-2019, 11:43 AM

No good place to mount it but take a look at the 8.4 uconnect upgrades. Buy a radio of a wrecked compass. Buy the trim. Make sure you have the satellite antenna or add it separately. A process for sure but we'll worth it.

I use my phone. Painful to scroll and change channels but will pull the trigger on the 8.4 upgrade at some point.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in