My Jeep Compass Forum banner

SiriusXM Satellite Mountings

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  eric 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I'm curious to know how and where you put your satellite units inside the Jeep. I've been trying to figure out what the best place is. Thanks!!

#7 ·
Sorry pj I seem to have kicked off a train of unhelpful responses. I seriously thought the 2nd gens all came with SXM these days (even the 5 inch radios), but maybe not. Anyways, I've looked around the dash before to try to find a good place for a dedicated standalone GPS or phone mount and its slim pickings, like the dash is full there is hardly anywhere you can put anything that doesn't block either some buttons, part of the screen, or vent airflow.

Android auto updated recently and it just occurred to me, why doesn't SXM have an android-auto compatible app like Spotify? If you have android auto that would do the trick if SXM would update their app to be AA-compat.

#15 ·
No good place to mount it but take a look at the 8.4 uconnect upgrades. Buy a radio of a wrecked compass. Buy the trim. Make sure you have the satellite antenna or add it separately. A process for sure but we'll worth it.

I use my phone. Painful to scroll and change channels but will pull the trigger on the 8.4 upgrade at some point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.