Random alarm issue - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 10-18-2019, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Random alarm issue

My alarm will go off randomly. This has happened about 5 times. Twice it was when I was getting out of the car, twice it was parked in my garage, and once in the parking lot at work. I have replaced the battery in the fob, tried using the 2nd fob, replaced the battery in that one as well. This has happened over the last 3 months, so it is completely random. Any thoughts?

2018 Latitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-18-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJeepGuy View Post
My alarm will go off randomly. This has happened about 5 times. Twice it was when I was getting out of the car, twice it was parked in my garage, and once in the parking lot at work. I have replaced the battery in the fob, tried using the 2nd fob, replaced the battery in that one as well. This has happened over the last 3 months, so it is completely random. Any thoughts?
Hello MiJeepGuy,

If you decide to have your vehicle diagnosed and you feel that additional assistance is needed, please feel free to send us a direct message. We'd be glad to help.

Lamar
JeepCares
post #3 of 4 Old 10-22-2019, 02:44 PM

Alarms going off un-wanted happened to me non-stop until I finally got an OBD-link MX and the AlfaOBD app and disabled my alarm system for good. I also disabled ESS, seatbelt warning, etc. A few small tweaks has made life with this vehicle much nicer all around. Kinda spendy but worth it to me over the course of the 100,000 miles or more that I will probably have to put up with this car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-22-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

That is a bit more than what I was looking to do, though that would certainly take care of the issue. I am still under warranty, so maybe I will give the dealer a shot at it. I have not had positive experiences with them so far.

2018 Latitude

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in