hear it from the designers - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 12-11-2016, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

hear it from the designers

Its hard to find anyone disappointed with the new Compass and its easy to see why, as far as design goes. To help build everyones greater sense of appreciation for it, Jeep brought out its designers to provide insight and highlight certain.

Enjoy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-12-2016, 04:21 PM

Would be such a waste to not get the black roof. It'll look great with every body color.
post #3 of 10 Old 12-13-2016, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelin View Post
Would be such a waste to not get the black roof. It'll look great with every body color.
I'm a bit of a hybrid.
Being in all white it can look higher end, and yes keeping the chrome trim is part of that as well.
On the flip side I can see how a black roof helps design and what i can make of it the overall design doesn't look as rounded with a black roof which is a plus for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 12-14-2016, 04:33 PM

Some people may not be happy with the new design, but I think it's spot on and they've even kept the hood indents.
post #5 of 10 Old 12-15-2016, 04:33 PM

I want those red tow hooks on the white one with the black roof. The headlights though, gosh darn, nail on the head with that.
post #6 of 10 Old 12-16-2016, 03:57 PM

The headlights had so much thought put into them, especially the small honeycomb cluster and that LED underline.
post #7 of 10 Old 12-19-2016, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
I want those red tow hooks on the white one with the black roof. The headlights though, gosh darn, nail on the head with that.
Be prepared to pay up because that's typically offered on the Trackhawk model. Just like how it is for current Jeep models that get those Red tow hook; Renegade, Cherokee.
post #8 of 10 Old 12-20-2016, 04:48 PM

The new Compass is set to get a new top-end Trailhawk trim level with off-road capabilities. It's going to be and expensive upgrade for just the red tow hooks. also heard that the 2017 Compass will get 53 percent more higher-strength steel compared to 2012 along with more adhesives being used. Not sure how I feel about more structural adhesives and less welding.
post #9 of 10 Old 12-21-2016, 06:50 PM

Less welding = lower margin of reducing structural strength

I do completely love the new look with the sloped rear end though. Really brings the Compass up to times with what's going on now.
post #10 of 10 Old 12-22-2016, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

The other option is to just buy the red tow hooks alone. I bet if you follow up with the parts department at your local dealers they will give you price and availability.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in