2017 Jeep Compass Recalculating Through Life - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 05-05-2017, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

2017 Jeep Compass Recalculating Through Life

These days, advertisements can seem stale and lacking in life, but Jeep’s ad campaign for the new 2017 Compass is anything but.

In their latest 60 second broadcast titled Recalculating, Jeep has managed to convey what their brand stands for; freedom, authenticity, adventure and passion. It highlights a millennial’s journey through life, with the Compass providing navigation wherever their paths may lead be it a change in career, marriage, relocation or parenthood.

"We expect its message of life's journey moving us in many directions to resonate with our Millennial audience while staying true to the Jeep brand's core value of freedom," said Oliver Francois, Fiat Chrysler's chief marketing officer.

Many people, not just millennials, can relate to the issues captured in this ad; labouring away at a stressful and meaningless job, finding the right person, the obsession with a healthy diet, moving out, parenthood, and the odd bear encounter in the woods.

Life is a journey with many directions, each with something new be it an emotion, realization or discovery and the Compass will recalculate as many times as needed to guide you though. The ad ends on a high note: “Whatever the destination, with the right compass as a guide, there are a million beautiful ever-changing ways to get us there.”

Jeep’s latest campaign will be shown during popular TV shows like Saturday Night Live and Modern Family. The compass will also be making an appearance at the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-07-2017, 08:47 AM

Finally they're putting the new Compass out in public and this is just what they're telling us now.
I noticed on platforms like YouTube car makers are collaborating with YouTubers, great way to slip these in since YouTube is taking over TV.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-08-2017, 05:33 PM

Jeep pretty much captured the daily grind we all go through for that all important paycheck... As nice as it would be to escape and almost rear end a bear, life just doesn't allow for that. At least the Compass provides a motivation for the future, whenever that my be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-09-2017, 05:28 PM

The vegan recalculating thing kind of made me chuckle a little though and I'm not too sure if that'll upset some people in that community
post #5 of 6 Old 05-11-2017, 03:42 PM

Don't know many Vegans driving Jeeps so odds are they won't be seeing much of a backlash although on the youtube comment section it has already started. Jeep mainly attracts people who like western/european culture; eating meat, and so on.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-11-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Don't know many Vegans driving Jeeps so odds are they won't be seeing much of a backlash although on the youtube comment section it has already started. Jeep mainly attracts people who like western/european culture; eating meat, and so on.
Thanks for bringing up the YouTube comments as I didn't check them before... this is quite entertaining to be honest haha

*sidenote, I have nothing against vegans... just the hilarity that comes from the really upset people from the advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in