My High Altitude - Jeep Compass Forum
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By 17JeepCompass
  • 1 Post By Jim Heller
  • 1 Post By Joel

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 07-12-2017, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

My High Altitude

Wife drove it around and likes it. Took a few pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1822.jpg (51.5 KB, 77 views)
Joel and REVIGOR like this.

:: 2017 Jeep Compass High Altitude ::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-14-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17JeepCompass View Post
Wife drove it around and likes it. Took a few pictures.
How did you find power output from the engine to be? I heard it can be a bit sluggish. Also, if you don't mind mentioning, what vehicles have you driven previously?... that does after all play into your view of the Compass.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-14-2017, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

I came from a 2014 Ram 2500 with a 6.7L Cummins Diesel. Was a big crew cab truck but had 900ftlbs of torque factory. Thing moved! I hit the throttle and it would RUN!

This 2.0 is a bit sluggish. It's also harder to gauge as I think I found out that you need to step on the throttle a bit more for it to come alive. Meaning it requires for foot movement for throttle response from my truck. I'm getting used to it, but trust me, there is no darting out in traffic. I haven't really pushed it either. It's only got 100 miles on it. So I've been driving it like an old lady.

If someone was coming from another car, I don't think it would feel as bad. My wife said it wasn't that bad and she is coming from a 2006 Dodge Durango with a 4.7L V8.

It rides really nice. Car like. I am enjoying it. I had a 38 gallon diesel tank - so this 13 gallon gas tank is nice !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-15-2017, 04:12 PM

Yes it is underpowered. Heavy vehicle + tiny economy engine = slow. But it has the highest avg fuel rating in Jeep's line up. I think I read it was higher than the Renegade by just a little. All that aside, I trust Jeeps 4x4 systems over all the comparable competitors. It will get me to work safely in the Colorado winters.
zoner99 likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-16-2017, 11:09 PM

Welcome to the forums! Coming from that beast of a Ram, I can only imagine how sluggish the Compass would feel haha.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-18-2017, 07:25 PM

Soon enough we won't have to worry much about weight, instead it might be if car/truck makers are putting enough effort into including sufficient power. With all that future weight cutting will come downsizing of our engines.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-21-2017, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
Welcome to the forums! Coming from that beast of a Ram, I can only imagine how sluggish the Compass would feel haha.
Don't get me wrong, it's fun to drive, but yeah, the 2.0 could use a little more pep.. but I enjoy driving it. Now that I've had it a few more weeks, I'm getting used to not being able to dart around people, waiting for the extra time to pull out into traffic.

My Truck was huge, but it MOVED! I could do 4 quarter mile trips compared to the 1 of the Compass! haha

post #8 of 8 Old 07-29-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17JeepCompass View Post
Don't get me wrong, it's fun to drive, but yeah, the 2.0 could use a little more pep.. but I enjoy driving it. Now that I've had it a few more whttp://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/2nd-gen-jeep-compass-photos-videos/34625-my-high-altitude.html#post96226eeks, I'm getting used to not being able to dart around people, waiting for the extra time to pull out into traffic.

My Truck was huge, but it MOVED! I could do 4 quarter mile trips compared to the 1 of the Compass! haha
On the bright side it might help you hang a bit back in traffic away from the idiots. I experienced something similar going from a big V8 to smaller V6's and 4 cylinder engines. Not that bad when the vehicle is just a simple commuter to you.
17JeepCompass likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in