My impressions after one week - Jeep Compass Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Snow White
  • 1 Post By Germaneon
  • 1 Post By Germaneon
  • 1 Post By Raymond_Si
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 Old 04-15-2018, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Germaneon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Dresden, Germany
Posts: 105
 
Garage
My impressions after one week

After my new Compass had finally arrived at the dealership I enjoyed already one week in my new Compass. Totally happy and satisfied so far. Made a 4K video about her:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZRHvDh2MLY">www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZRHvDh2MLY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Germaneon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 04-15-2018, 09:11 PM
Member
 
Snow White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 60
 
Garage
Glad you finally got your new Compass. I am sure it was worth the wait!
Germaneon likes this.
Snow White is online now  
post #3 of 16 Old 04-16-2018, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Germaneon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Dresden, Germany
Posts: 105
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
Glad you finally got your new Compass. I am sure it was worth the wait!
Definitely it was!
Germaneon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 Old 10-11-2018, 02:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 97
 
What color is that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HernĂ¡n Grimberg is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 10-11-2018, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Germaneon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Dresden, Germany
Posts: 105
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HernĂ¡n Grimberg View Post
What color is that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This color is called Laser Blue Pearl (PBJ), in some markets also called Hydro Blue. I really like that color.

Germaneon is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 10-12-2018, 03:29 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 97
 
My impressions after one week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaneon View Post
This color is called Laser Blue Pearl (PBJ), in some markets also called Hydro Blue. I really like that color.



In my market (The Americas) it has a different tone. Actually in my country is called Pacific blue and I see it darker:



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HernĂ¡n Grimberg is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 10-12-2018, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Germaneon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Dresden, Germany
Posts: 105
 
Garage
Yeah, that's a different one, not available in Europe.
HernĂ¡n Grimberg likes this.
Germaneon is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 10-12-2018, 12:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 97
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaneon View Post
Yeah, that's a different one, not available in Europe.


The weird thing is that if you get into the US jeep website and search for the Laser blue color, it shows you this darker blue and not the one for Europe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HernĂ¡n Grimberg is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 10-14-2018, 02:22 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 27
 
So are they using the same paint code as different colors in different countries? I’m in the US and have a laser blue compass with paint code PBJ.
zsc1991 is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 10-14-2018, 11:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 386
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsc1991 View Post
So are they using the same paint code as different colors in different countries? I’m in the US and have a laser blue compass with paint code PBJ.
If i am not mistaken, EU models are made in India and north american models are made in mexico. Maybe that is the reason
Tripod is online now  
post #11 of 16 Old 10-15-2018, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Germaneon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Dresden, Germany
Posts: 105
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post

If i am not mistaken, EU models are made in India and north american models are made in mexico. Maybe that is the reason
Nope, the European models are produced in Toluca as well. Only British models are made in India due to RHD.
Jeep's Laser Blue color is a color that is difficult to catch with a camera. It lives up to it's reputation in direct sunlight.
So maby that's why the Laser Blue looks so different in different pictures that it only seems to be a different color.
Germaneon is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 10-15-2018, 03:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 97
 
My impressions after one week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaneon View Post
Nope, the European models are produced in Toluca as well. Only British models are made in India due to RHD.
Jeep's Laser Blue color is a color that is difficult to catch with a camera. It lives up to it's reputation in direct sunlight.
So maby that's why the Laser Blue looks so different in different pictures that it only seems to be a different color.


If you check the Canadian Jeep website you will see that there are 2 tones of blue: one is called Laser blue and the other one is Jazz blue which is darker.
The Jazz blue is what I think is called Pacific blue in South America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by HernĂ¡n Grimberg; 10-15-2018 at 04:48 PM.
HernĂ¡n Grimberg is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 10-15-2018, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Germaneon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Dresden, Germany
Posts: 105
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HernĂ¡n Grimberg View Post

If you check the Canadian Jeep website you will see that there are 2 tones of blue: one is called Laser blue and the other one is Jazz blue which is darker.
The Jazz blue is what I think is called Pacific blue in South America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This makes sense, the Jazz Blue is also available here and it's way darker than the Laser Blue.
HernĂ¡n Grimberg likes this.
Germaneon is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 10-15-2018, 07:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 72
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaneon View Post
Nope, the European models are produced in Toluca as well. Only British models are made in India due to RHD.
You are quite right about the split between Mexico & India being LHD/RHD but this does mean that in Europe it is not only British and that also Irish, Cypriot, Maltese, etc cars are also built in India.
rriggs is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 10-18-2018, 07:10 AM
Junior Member
 
Raymond_Si's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15
 
my compass is laser blue as well but agree that pictures really dont do it justice. it looks different depending on the amount of light that hits it. in fact i was not even considering a blue compass till i saw it at the dealership. def gets the most compliments.
HernĂ¡n Grimberg likes this.
Raymond_Si is offline  
post #16 of 16 Old 10-20-2018, 05:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 97
 
My impressions after one week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaneon View Post
This makes sense, the Jazz Blue is also available here and it's way darker than the Laser Blue.


These blues are actually iridescent colors so they change the tone according to the different lighting they are exposed to. If you see the color in natural light or exposed to the sun, it will be a lot more yellowish than with artificial lighting, cold or warm lighting.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by HernĂ¡n Grimberg; 10-20-2018 at 06:48 PM.
HernĂ¡n Grimberg is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome