First Mod for 2017 Compass - Jeep Compass Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By lattyd
  • 2 Post By arudlang

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 01-20-2019, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

First Mod for 2017 Compass

I've never owned any vehicle without modifying it in some way. No budget currently for anything fancy but its something:

The guys at work have dubbed the Compass as "Manuel" after miss-reading the sticker
arudlang likes this.

Current:
2017 Jeep Compass Sport - 4x4, 2.4 Tigershark, 6-speed manual, Laser Blue
2013 Ford Escape SE - 4WD, 2.0T, Magnetic Grey
1984 Chevy Camaro Z28 - 5.0, 5-speed manual, posi rear

Previous:
2011 Ford Taurus SHO - Unleashed Tune, H&R lowering kit, Voxx Black Wheels, Blacked grill and trim
2012 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ - Trifecta Tune, 6-speed manual, Eibach lowering kit
2007 Grand Prix GXP - Trifecta Tune, Flowmaster exhaust
2009 Pontiac G5 - Trifecta Tune, Magnaflow exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-20-2019, 06:40 PM

I like the sticker.

Maybe I am just getting old but I really feel like there is no meaning left in the word "mod" anymore though. Its been twisted and overused to the point of exhaustion I think. Just makes me cringe anymore when people use it in conversation "Yeah man I'm totally gonna do a bunch of mods eventually." Especially when you know anything that actually is a real serious modification they are not going to be doing it themselves, or worse yet they are going to buy the part and bring it to my house on a Saturday morning to wreck my day with xD

Nothing against you lattyd, like I said I dig the sticker, but if we're being extremely nit-picky its not really a "mod", right? Or is it just me? Maybe I'm just an arsehole. I can't tell anymore.
lattyd and johnmike4x4 like this.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-20-2019, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudlang View Post
I like the sticker.

Maybe I am just getting old but I really feel like there is no meaning left in the word "mod" anymore though. Its been twisted and overused to the point of exhaustion I think. Just makes me cringe anymore when people use it in conversation "Yeah man I'm totally gonna do a bunch of mods eventually." Especially when you know anything that actually is a real serious modification they are not going to be doing it themselves, or worse yet they are going to buy the part and bring it to my house on a Saturday morning to wreck my day with xD

Nothing against you lattyd, like I said I dig the sticker, but if we're being extremely nit-picky its not really a "mod", right? Or is it just me? Maybe I'm just an arsehole. I can't tell anymore.
I get what you're saying, but it tends to be the language most understand haha. We'll probably need to come up with a more powerful word for serious modifications.

Current:
2017 Jeep Compass Sport - 4x4, 2.4 Tigershark, 6-speed manual, Laser Blue
2013 Ford Escape SE - 4WD, 2.0T, Magnetic Grey
1984 Chevy Camaro Z28 - 5.0, 5-speed manual, posi rear

Previous:
2011 Ford Taurus SHO - Unleashed Tune, H&R lowering kit, Voxx Black Wheels, Blacked grill and trim
2012 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ - Trifecta Tune, 6-speed manual, Eibach lowering kit
2007 Grand Prix GXP - Trifecta Tune, Flowmaster exhaust
2009 Pontiac G5 - Trifecta Tune, Magnaflow exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-20-2019, 09:37 PM

So a paint job is not typically considered a mod, right? Its a customization, is that more accurate to say? I think thats where things like stickers and vinyl graphics/wrap fall as well, into customizations whereas mods are things that change part of how something works or adds some function or feature that wasn't there before.

Thats just how it sits in my head. Call it whatever you like, no big deal.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-29-2019, 01:51 AM

Chill. The. F. Out. Dude.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in