Expected bookings date - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 Old 02-08-2017, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Expected bookings date

Jeep hasn't said much about when the ordering books will be open for the new Jeep Compass. Thought we could start a thread to keep track of when the new Compass will be available.

Financial Express went to a dealership to inquire about the booking date and were told that the launch isn't happening soon.

Quote:
We checked with a company dealership regarding the booking being open, to which they replied in negative. We also checked with the company for any official statement on the bookings being thrown open but we once again got a negative answer.
When they said not happening soon, think they're talking about an end of the year release?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-08-2017, 10:38 PM

Hope they're not holding off because of the border thing

Sent from my mobile device.
post #3 of 12 Old 02-09-2017, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

What border thing?

The Jeep Compass will be launched in the third quarter of CY 2017, so we can expect to see booking dates announced when we're approaching or in the third quarter of this year. So maybe august?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-09-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterToast View Post
What border thing?

The Jeep Compass will be launched in the third quarter of CY 2017, so we can expect to see booking dates announced when we're approaching or in the third quarter of this year. So maybe august?
The potential border tax issue. August? Why bother making it a 2017 if it's not going to be until August? Might as well start calling it a 2018 by then. If they're calling it a 2017 it would have to be sooner wouldn't it?

Sent from my mobile device.
post #5 of 12 Old 02-12-2017, 09:47 AM

I don't think the border tax bill will actually get passed, but it's hard to tell these days. From what I found in the linked article, the new Compass ordering books may be open pretty late into this year. No idea why Jeep is taking so long to release a 2017 model, maybe they'll change it to 2018.

Quote:
the company had earlier announced the Compass launch closer to the year end.
post #6 of 12 Old 02-13-2017, 04:59 PM

There's a lot of ways they can go about getting around the tax and things could change at this moment, all in one 20-minute talk. FCA being as big as they are and resonating with the Trump Administration as much as do and potentially can, provides them leverage.

The last thing FCA will want is to lose sales on some of their most high volume products.
post #7 of 12 Old 03-14-2017, 04:35 PM

Jeep is expecting the Compass sales to surpass the Renegade so they can't raise the price too much to compensate for extra taxes levied on them. But I don't think the bill has even been passed yet, or if it will in the foreseeable future.

Has anyone heard about the new Compass' booking date yet? It' has been a month and the dealerships won't give me a straight answer.
post #8 of 12 Old 03-14-2017, 08:03 PM

Just did a quick search, I haven't seen anyone post anything on the media sites. Last thing I seen was it will be going on sale in India in August
post #9 of 12 Old 03-15-2017, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

I thought that was just the debut date for India and not the actual sale date? If that is when the books are open for the India market, I'm expecting some time earlier for those of us in NA. Maybe late spring?
post #10 of 12 Old 04-03-2017, 06:59 PM

We should keep an eye on Moab since that will be another big opportunity to see it show up and at this rate there's almost no reason for Jeep to hold back, i'll be surprised if they do. Even if its just on display without access to the public that alone will do a lot of good for them and potential customers.
post #11 of 12 Old 04-04-2017, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

This delay in delivery and sales is hurting the Jeep dealerships, at least that's what Bloomberg is saying.

Quote:
While SUV sales in the U.S. jumped 11 percent over the past four months, Jeep saw its volume drop 10 percent. One of the problems: A lack of supply thatís kept dealers waiting for the all-new 2017 Compass compact crossover
It should already be on sale, but some people may find it hard to get their hands on one until late April or May.
post #12 of 12 Old 04-10-2017, 11:23 PM

Its worth the long term since not always does every year need to be a winner especially when transitioning from an outgoing generation to new generation. How they sell in the coming years with this new product is where focus should be.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in