Jeep Compass Forum

Jeep Compass Forum (https://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/)
-   2nd Gen Jeep Compass Purchase, Lease and Orders (https://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/2nd-gen-jeep-compass-purchase-lease-orders/)
-   -   Should have it Thursday! (https://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/2nd-gen-jeep-compass-purchase-lease-orders/33921-should-have-thursday.html)

Jim Heller 05-16-2017 02:01 AM

Should have it Thursday!

1 Attachment(s)
I was able to secure (deposit) a Spitfire Orange Trailhawk before it made it to the dealership. My sales guy says it should be there tomorrow. Ended up going with more options than I had planned on because it is impossible to find an Orange Trailhawk within a thousand miles of Denver. So, it has......

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT (May Replace Standard Equipment) Customer Preferred Package 2XE
Cold Weather Group
Windshield Wiper De-Icer Safety and Security Group
ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
Rain Sensitive Intermittent Windshield Wipers Security Alarm
Leather Interior Group
Leather Trim Bucket Seats w/Perf Leather Inserts Heated Front Seats
Power 8-Way Driver Seat
4-way Power Lumbar Adjust
Heated Steering Wheel
Navigation Group
GPS Navigation
Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display 1-Year SiriusXM® Guardian Service SiriusXM® Travel Link 5-Yr Travel Link Sub SiriusXM® Traffic Plus
For Details, Visit DriveUconnect.com
Popular Equipment Group Remote Start System Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
CommandView® Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof Power Liftgate

Cant wait. Will make a perfect stable mate to other Trailhawk

NorthStar 05-16-2017 07:12 PM

Now that's going to be a great stable you got there! Welcome to the forums and congratulations btw :)

Seems like you got all the options for a cold area like I'll be needing up in Canada haha

Joel 05-16-2017 07:32 PM

Awesome. Glad to see another person is taking delivery.

Have you started thinking about what first things you want to do? paint protection? window tint?

Jim Heller 05-16-2017 09:36 PM

Yeah, the cold weather options. Down here in the Southern Canadian Rockies, that is important.

Jim Heller 05-16-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel (Post 92217)
Awesome. Glad to see another person is taking delivery.

Have you started thinking about what first things you want to do? paint protection? window tint?

First thing is tint, can't stand the two-toned look that that a new car comes with. Next is sub woofer. From their I will figure out if I need to change the stock speakers also. When does the lift come out????wink:

NorthStar 05-17-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Heller (Post 92233)
First thing is tint, can't stand the two-toned look that that a new car comes with. Next is sub woofer. From their I will figure out if I need to change the stock speakers also. When does the lift come out????wink:

I like the way you think!

What kind of subwoofer amp setup are you looking at or do you already have a setup from a previous vehicle ready to go in

Jim Heller 05-18-2017 02:59 AM

I have two choices. I will put both boxes in the back to see which one is a better fit for this application. Probably go with my JL 12" with a JL 500w amp mounted on the enclosure. Simplest install.

MyTtrailhawk 05-18-2017 03:02 AM

Got my Rhino today...finally!

Tinted front windows and put the clear bra on the front...looking for the roof rack cross bars, next (anyone know the part #s?).

From there, I think I want to do a front bull bar/winch-type setup...when someone comes out with one...and rock rails?...I'd love to figure out how to squeeze another 20-25hp out of this thing, too...

Jim Heller 05-18-2017 03:39 AM

This tigershark motor has been in other cars/jeeps for a while now. Hopefully somebody has figured out some real solutions by now.

Jim Heller 05-18-2017 03:50 AM

Tomorrow can't get here quick enough?

WisHawk 05-18-2017 06:09 AM

Quote:

clear bra on the front
Where did you get your clear bra?
Also does anyone know if the wheel (offset) on the Compass Trailhawk are the same as what come on the Renegade?

MyTtrailhawk 05-18-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisHawk (Post 92337)
Where did you get your clear bra?
Also does anyone know if the wheel (offset) on the Compass Trailhawk are the same as what come on the Renegade?

My broker did the clear bra, and the tint.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Jim Heller 05-18-2017 08:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Still at the stealership....

Jim Heller 05-19-2017 02:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally in my driveway. Sure it could use more power, but it is not the dog I was expecting it to be.

MyTtrailhawk 05-19-2017 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Heller (Post 92473)
Finally in my driveway. Sure it could use more power, but it is not the dog I was expecting it to be.

nice! The power isn't terrible...and I played with the manu-matic shifting a little today, which let me get into some more of the power band in 3rd and 4th before shifting, unlike the CPU which shifts super early. MPGs suffer, but who said fuel economy was fun?!?!?

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Jim Heller 05-27-2017 03:30 AM

Have an appointment tomorrow for the window tint. Will post a pic later. Loving this little beast so far!

Jim Heller 05-27-2017 11:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Came out awesome!

Joel 05-28-2017 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Heller (Post 93153)
Came out awesome!

didn't realize those stock wheel would grow old on me the more I look at them. Yup, now I know the first thing to go. Anyone in the same boat? Just don't feel like these wheels do it justice.

NorthStar 05-29-2017 03:28 PM

Got darn looking real fresh! How much % window tint did you go around the Compass? It looks real dark !!

Jim Heller 05-30-2017 09:22 AM

I think it was 5% on the front. And 15 or 20 on top of the factory tint.

Joel 06-21-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Heller (Post 93265)
I think it was 5% on the front. And 15 or 20 on top of the factory tint.

If you are legally allowed to run that in the front then i'm surprised. Where about are you from?

Jim Heller 06-22-2017 08:09 AM

I'm in Colorado, definitely not "legal". I've had dark tint on my vehicles since about 1989. Never been stopped or ticketed for tint.

NorthStar 06-22-2017 05:44 PM

Now that is extremely dark, but considering you've had your vehicles with that heavy of tint, I guess your used to the less visibility and it doesn't bother you. I get to 20% and I'm struggling to see through anything.

Joel 06-27-2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Heller (Post 94545)
I'm in Colorado, definitely not "legal". I've had dark tint on my vehicles since about 1989. Never been stopped or ticketed for tint.

I guess they're too busy going after the Honda guys :D

That's the great thing about having a vehicle like this, cops don't target you as much. I come from a tuning background and used to get stopped a lot.

Mudman1 09-02-2017 07:54 AM

Congrats on the new Jeep.