Jeep Compass Forum - View Single Post - Strange sounds from the rear end.
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 08-17-2013, 05:17 PM
tripplec

Ok, I just finished with the rear brakes. Rotors and new Wagner Perfect stop ceramic pads.

The only thing new was a plug that has to be removed from the old rear rotor in the e-brake area and inserted into the new rotor.

A small bungie cord helps it you short a 3rd hand like I am. The caliper keeps dropping down into the rotor messing with my progress. Murphy lends a hand as well if something pops of or is stuck like the stainless steel plate on the inner pad which goes against the piston.

But other than that I found my pads I did a while ago still with a lot of material. At least half for sure. I believe the lack of caliper grease on the stainless steel guides that the inner pad moves in/out on was a bit tighter than it should be and/or the rotor rippled wear on the surface was causing noise and some braking issues. Anyway its all new now and I don't expect any trouble.

The test drive went fine and even with some short hard braking they'll bead in fine. New brakes all around now.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome