My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Leaking Jeep Compass

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  i2canoe 
#1 ·
I just bought a brand new Compass and dicovered that when the car is parked in a light uphill slope it is leaking water from the sunroof.
Has anyone else had this problems?

#3 ·
not a happy camper

I purchased a jeep compass in may of 2009... 5 minutes after leaving the dealership i noticed faint water stains all over the roof...i returned to the dealership and they told me that "someone" must have left the sunroof open on the lot...1 day later it rained outside, therefore it was also raining in my car...when i called the dealership the manager admitted that he knew there had been a leak and had his shop boy try and clean it up ...they NEVER told me about the leak but instead sold me the vehicle as a BRAND SPANKIN NEW VEHICLE!!! i've been dealing with the problem ever since! Anyone else going through similar problems? I'd like to hear from you!
The dealership fixed the vehicle and told me that the sunroof was fixed and that it shouldn't leak again, so i took it through a carwash and it leaked immediatly! on top of that, the vehicle was an absolute disaster, dirt everywhere, they replaced the headliner but didn't replace the sliding sunroof cover or the sunvisors...also the roof lamps were basically hanging in mid air because they had not been properly reinstalled!
any suggestions???

#4 ·
BAAAAAD Dealership

You have an extremely BAD dealership, they sold you faulty merchandise with their fingers crossed that there would be no comebacks.
MAKE NOISE!
Tell your local news paper, and news media.
This is really a shame.
Enough to dampen anybodies enthusiasim for their new ride.
I hope they work everything out to your complete satistaction because the ride is great and I think you will be ultimatly happy with your purchase.

#5 ·
Is there another Jeep dealership close by that you can take it to? As far as I know, the warranty is not held by a specific dealer, but by Chrysler. You can take it to any dealer for warranty work. I've had warranty work on my Durango done at 3 different dealers in 2 states with no problems. If the dealer you bought it at isn't doing their part, go elsewhere!
So far, no warranty work needed on the Compass:)

#6 ·
i'm actually dealing directly with chrysler at this point, i hired a lawyer and we sent out some letters...on july 14th chrylser replied to the letters and they have promised me a brand new vehicle...i'm yet to see that vehicle! worst experiece i've ever had...i've had to call chrysler appox 2 to 3 times a week...they tell me next week they should have things all sorted out...i'll keep you posted!

#7 ·
Bad dealer

For sure there are some shifty dealers out there . . . good you are working direct with Chyrsler, too bad, but it really did need a legal help.
I can't wait to hear the outcome . . . for sure a spanking brand new Compass will go along way to ease the sting . . . the world awaits our maker to make good.

#10 ·
Way back when?

Way back when?
Another member came up with this problem with her Compass, it seems they found it to be a pinched drain hose from the sunroof, causing backup and water infiltration.
This was a manufacturing defect during assembly.
Anyway . . . seems a brand new Compass is coming, we all await the outcome, and hope to have another satisfied driver amounst us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.