My Jeep Compass Forum banner

2007 Compass no fuel

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tripplec 
#1 ·
Hello all, looking for help with a no fuel issue in my daughters Jeep.
She was driving and it just quit on her. Came home and looked at all the fuses first...all checked out. Started looking for broken wires and such and decided to check the fuel line at the injectors. No fuel at all. When you first tun the key on you can her what sounds like solenoids clicking and such but no fuel with the line disconnected. Had my daughter turn it over and no fuel. After a rather futile search about possible issues I saw some mention of fuel pumps being replaced and all was fine. So we got one on the bay and replaced it. Still same issue. I used starter fluid to make sure I had spark and the Jeep started but run only a few seconds each time. I checked the new pump and discovered it is filling the line with fuel but it is not getting past the fuel rail or the injectors or something.
She has been having a lot of electrical issues with the awd system not always working, the lights on the dash would all come on and here traction control,abs,and 4wd all would not work. They stay on for days and then just go out and everything works. She has had it in the shop several times and they can never find the answer. They have replaced sensors at the wheels and looked for breaks in the wiring harness but nothing has ever been fixed. It all still comes and goes. One tech mentioned it may need a new CPU.
And now we have this issue. So here I am trying to get some insight on what I might try to solve this. She nor I have the cash to send it to the mechanic and just plain let them keep guessing till it is figured out.

So if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears. Fuel pump is working....starts on ether...makes all the sounds I think it should be making when you first turn the key.
Sensors, solenoids, fuses, circuits,connections I should check ect. Thanks in advance for reading this and any help you may be able to offer.

See less See more
#2 ·
Check and clean all your ground straps they can cause lots of trouble. Everything of any importance is control by the TIPM (box to the right of the battery up top) It has a few fuses in it (verify the related ones are good). The TIPM is solid state box and computer controlled.

Corrosion is a factor on these harness as well but not enough info to determine if it might be it as well. As a note if the pump is pumping but not enough pressure a pressure sensor or other problem might be the cause.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.