My Jeep Compass Forum banner

New Compass Owner

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  CompassLimited 
#1 ·
Just got my brand new '08 Jeep Compass (North Edition) on Saturday. Enjoying it so far! Black, with the CVT.
The Compass also has the distinction of being my first brand new car. Until now I've only ever bought used.
I really like how the CVT handles hills. We'll also get to see what the fuel economy is really like when I go on vacation in a few weeks!

#3 ·
Congratulations! Enjoy your ride. These really are good little buggies.

When going up hill, the CVT shifts so smoothly that there is no shift slippage on slippery roads. On steep grades going down hill, I tip the stick into manumatic mode and the car holds speed really well. Saved my butt multiple times this past winter...

#10 · (Edited)
Welcome Corsair did you get your name from the aircraft? I watched a corsair crash on takoff at the EAA flyin a few years ago; it broke my heart the corsair is one of the most beautiful planes ever built.

The Czech area is well known for for RC aircraft. I have a friend that travels there every year to buy planes for his RC business. Below is a photo of a Compass Knight 50.

Other than the name not a lot to do with a Jeep Compass. Just a misguided soul lost in the internet maze.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.