Jeep Compass Forum - View Single Post - TPMS valve stem warning
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 11-30-2016, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
tripplec

It could apply to any vehicle which uses the same type, design or manufacturer of TMPS sensor. Most parts are farmed out to some company anywhere in the world. You don't know, cheap metal (its not stainless steel) suffers over time and if this happens it can be costly!! As I can attest to let alone a major inconvenience dealing with a flat.

All you can do it check their condition when you remove the cap which you must be doing several times a year at least topping up the tires. What happen to me can happen to anyone no matter what you drive if it starts coming apart. TPMS sounds like a great idea until you get snow tires on steelies without the expensive sensors and have to deal with the light on in front of you as the dash indicator cannot be turned off. Short of black tape over the area thats all there is to do. If you have to replace a couple of them on you main wheels then the cost is very significant of about $450 for the four. LOL Ouch if I had a choice I'd buy a vehicle without it.

As above its a warning and even the ladies can check this with there wee pinkies. My wife couldn't change tires so I am her CAA. Rescue me she says on her cell phone. It was a big mess and an extra 150km of driving.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome