Jeep Compass Forum - View Single Post - '07 Compass - Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 04-01-2010, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
JefRhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel for life View Post
Wow what a nice install you have there...........now the question how much ???

If only I could see one of those in a 2009 model.......the center console is totally different.....
I shopped A LOT! I spent about 2-3 months searching, reading and documenting all the different options for double DIN head units. I was really tempted to go with one of the off-brand units. They can be found starting at about $150 and some come with iPod and Satellite connections built in, but ultimately, I decided to go with the Pioneer since it's at least a well known brand. I've seen people get into heated arguments over "Who makes the best audio equipment." so I won't even go there...

I chose the AVH-P4200DVD over the other known names for a few reasons; I'm borderline OBSESSED with symmetry and a "clean" look, iPod control from the head unit is integrated for both audio AND video and all options are modular for flexibility.

I had budgeted $500 and by making a couple of lucky scores on eBay I was able to come in at $512.34.

I got the dash kit, harness and antenna adapter all on eBay for a total of $41.63. I found the nav bezel at a dealer in PA for $57.97 with shipping and the head unit was $412.74 shipped.

I am very happy with the head unit and I feel good about the total cost. I'd like to add the Bluetooth and XM modules, but that'll probably wait 'til next year. Thanks for the compliment!

Jeff

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome