My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Hello, fellow Compass Lovers!!!

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Cherokee 
#1 ·
Just got my new Compass mid-December, bright silver, sport, 26E package, and absolutely love it!!! What a great Christmas present. Finally, a support group for the "outcast" Jeep owners out there. I still have my '91 Cherokee, but I was just waiting for Jeep to come out with something new and exciting that I just could not live without, and I got it with this one. Nice job JEEP!!!

#5 ·
Hi, my name is...

Thanks guys. I gotta say, with all the bad press out there about this car, it makes you feel like you have to stand up and go, Hi, my name is Cherokee, and I drive a Jeep Compass, lol! Seriously, though, I came across this site while looking for something else. It seems most of you are from north of the border. Do they really have that many Compass drivers up there? I have only seen one Compass in my entire area since I bought mine, and none before that. Very strange. Down here in cajun country, I have the 4x4 for off-roading, and the Compass as MY urban recreational vehicle. Have a great day, and thanks for the replies.

#8 ·
Hello there!

Silver Sport 4x4 in a 5 speed. What a hoot! I sell them for a living and I knew the second I got in that I had to have one. No more demo for me, now I drive what I want. Rally lights going between the front lights, spoiler off the back, (I think the Caliber one will fit) and tinted windows next. The Patriot can be had with skid plates so a tech at work is going to help me see if we can get them to fit, they should be pretty close.

Jake
Halifax, NS
Canada

#9 ·
Hello Cherokee, welcome to the forum. Got my compass north in late Nov. Just a great vehicle. I've done some reading on the 2.4 liter world engine and it's worth reading about. Lots of new high tech goodies. It's in the allpar.com web site. Check it out if you have some time. This vehicle has a lot of thought and planning in the making. You'd think there'd be a few more sold than there is so far. Guess we're the lucky ones.

#10 ·
Yeah, JeepKeep. Before I picked up the car, I had read everything there was available to read, and, yeah, I like the allpar site, too, if from nothing else, an enthusiast's point of view. I like the engine. It climbs steadily, and I have no problems highway or stop and go. I still can't help but wait sometimes to feel the transmission shift, and I catch myself. I love the CVT. I really don't care what other people say about the car, it is not theirs to like, it's mine, and I love it. I think this is a great site, and it is nice to talk with folks who share my enthusiasm for not only Jeep in general, but the Compass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.